The term Fleet refers to a collection of vehicles, which can be either a collection of ships or trucks or cars or buses. Though it used to denote war vessels, but nowadays, private companies refer their unit of vehicles as Fleet. Mostly the private companies in taxi/cab businesses, public transport businesses, delivery businesses and car rental businesses have their own Fleet.
And Fleet Management as one can understand from the word itself, is the management of such vehicles. Every owner of Fleet must know, how crucial it is to manage the fleet, so that they can be on time in delivery or services, so that they can save operational cost and can increase their productivity.
Fleet Management includes:
- Maintenance of vehicles.
- Management of drivers of the vehicle. (mostly their behavior)
- Keeping track of their Fleet.
- Keeping an eye on the speed.
- Managing the consumption of fuel.
- Safety management.
This helps a company/owner:
- In reducing operational cost.
- Increasing productivity.
- Increasing the life of vehicles present in Fleet.
- Preventing unwanted/illegal use of Fleet or any of the vehicles.
- Reducing staff cost.
- Increasing efficiency.
Of late, fleet management has become an inevitable part of fleet related businesses. A company cannot stand in these businesses without knowing the minute-to-minute whereabouts of their fleet.
- What is Fleet Management?
- Benefits of Fleet Management
- Who can use Fleet Management?
- Business uses of Fleet Management
- How GPS is used in Fleet Management system
- How Fleet management System works
- What is Commercial Fleet Management?
- Fleet Management of Trucks
- Fleet Management of Medical vans/ambulance
- Why effective fleet management is necessary?