Apache Axis2 tutorial
Apache Axis2 Tutorial
The Apache Axis2 tutorial helps you learn the Apache Axis2 to develop the next generation Web services. Lot of new features are added in the latest Apache Axis2. The Apache Axis2 much improved version as compared to the Axis 1.x.
About Apache Axis2 Engine
Apache Axis2 is Web services engine for the Java developers. It can be installed on any Servlet container. It is very easy to install the Apache Axis2 on Tomcat server and deploy enterprise grade Web services. Apache Axis2 also provides the tools to generate the client code to call Web services. The WSDL2JAVA utility is used to generate the Web services client code.
Apache Axis2 new features and improvements
The Apache Axis2 incorporates the latest changes in the Web services and it is designed for high performance and greater efficiency. Following are the features added to the Apache Axis2 Web service engine.
- New XML processing model for the Web services
- Improved deployment model
- Pluggable data biding support for the Web services
- Support for the Asynchronous and synchronous Web services invocation
- Support for the REST Web services
- Support for the Spring framework
- Hot deployment support
- WSDL support
- Support for POJO and Spring services
- WSDL 2.0
- Custom Deployers
- JSON support
- EJB provider is also supported
Support for the following transport layers:
Read in detail at http://www.roseindia.net/webservices/axis2/axis2-introduction.shtml.