Rules and Regulations of Taj Mahal, Agra
The significance of the Taj Mahal is undoubted be it in terms of Architecture,
History, or as a symbol of National Pride. But from the time it was named as one
the Seven Wonders of the World under UNESCO, the Taj has been a centre of
attraction from people not just in India, but all over the globe, especially in
terms of Tourist inflow.
But with so many people visiting the Taj everyday all
round the year, it is important to maintain tight security for the protection of
the monument and tourists visiting the Taj Mahal.
Rules and Regulations at the Taj Mahal:ADS_TO_REPLACE_1
Other than tight security inside the Taj premises and around the compound,
there are also certain rules and regulations which visitors must abide by while
inside the Taj. It is to be noted that other than its grandeur in architecture
and historical significance, the Taj is also a place of worship for many.
Certain rules and regulations inside the Taj have been listed as follows:ADS_TO_REPLACE_2
- Visitors are allowed to carry their cell phones but it is expected to be on
a switch off mode, especially while entering inside the main mausoleum.
- Consuming any kind of food products inside the Taj premises is strictly
- Smoking inside the Taj compound is not allowed.
- Visitors are expected to maintain silence while they are inside main
- Photography is strictly prohibited inside the mausoleum.
- Any kind of gadgets starting from Tripods, laptops, MP3, mobile chargers,
music systems or other electronic goods with exception to video cameras are not
allowed to be carried inside the Taj complex.
- Video cameras and ordinary cameras are allowed at the entry gates and till the
red sand stone platform which is at the main entrance of the Taj complex. There
is a nominal charge at the entrance of Rs.25/- for every video camera that
guests wish to carry inside the Taj compound.
- Any kind of alcohol or tobacco products are strictly prohibited inside the Taj
- No fire products of any kind are allowed to be carried inside the Taj
- Weapon of any kind that may harm, are strictly prohibited inside the Taj
- In case a tourist would require any guide to show him around the monument, it
is advisable to hire guides available at the Archaeological Survey of India
ticket counter with proper identification cards.
- Water bottles are allowed inside the Taj. A tourist guide map of Agra along
with bottle of Water is provided with every entry ticket allowed to foreigners.
- Wheel chairs are available for the disabled at the ASI office inside the Taj
complex but security money is to be deposited in order to avail the services of
the wheelchair for the disabled. First Aid boxes too are available at the ASI
- The Taj is an old heritage building and needs special care and attention for
its preservation. It is advisable to every Tourist visiting the monument not to
scratch or touch the walls in any rough manner and in this way contributes to
the efforts in preserving the monument.
- Tourists are advised to use the dustbins placed at different locations all
round the Taj complexes, so as to keep the garden surrounding the Taj neat and
- There are Lockers at the gate which is provided to visitors to keep all their
belongings before entering inside the Taj premises.
- It is advisable to carry the least baggage with you before visiting the Taj.
This will mean less time spent for security check.
- Cell phones along with other electronic gadgets as mentioned above are
prohibited for use inside the Taj premises during the night viewing of the Taj
- Video cameras are allowed for use during night visits to the Taj after a firm
- The Taj is a mausoleum, a funerary of two lovers. Along with this, it also has
mosques inside its premises where people come to pray. Hence, it is advisable to
dress in a decent attire so as to respect the significance it holds to many
people at prayer, and to those who are at rest inside this beautified mausoleum.
For booking Agra one day travel package call us at +91 997140022 or email us at [email protected]