IF YOUR VEHICLE GOES TO the road, anything can happen to the vehicle; may meet some unwanted accident or may be theft. So, it is very necessary to track your vehicle. Keep track on the status and exact location of vehicle carrying valuable goods at anytime and anywhere is essential for both personal as well as business purpose. You can track your vehicle by calling to the driver over mobile phone but this not convenient as your driver might give you false information. So, at any time you won’t be 100% sure about the location and status of the vehicle. Here, various vehicle-tracking technologies based on the Global Positioning System (GPS) or radio frequency medium can track your vehicle location in real-time and provide better control over your assets.
A combination of Internet and tracking software with sophisticated mapping technologies is now one of the most requisite technology that can manage a single or a fleet of vehicle efficiently, thereby saving time and increasing productivity. The most developed and advanced tracking system is the one operated with the help of Global positioning satellites, as it offers accurate position of a static or moving object with utmost accuracy.
In case of Vehicle tracking system operated by GPS, the tracking device attached with the vehicle first receives satellite signals and determines its position co-ordinates with latitude and longitude. These coordinates can be seen on a computer screen and using mapping software you can see the exact position of your vehicle. User of vehicle tracking technology can access information based on vehicle’s position, speed and distance traveled and duration of each stoppage from a central operating center through mobile phones or websites using SMS or Internet. Really vehicle-tracking technology helps a lot in tracking and monitoring both commercial and passenger vehicle. As far as personal vehicle tracking is concerned, it allows recovering your stolen vehicle by pin pointing the exact location.
Tracking your vehicle will give you the following benefits:
- You will know where is your vehicle and asset at any time and you can record your vehicle’s exact location.
- Detailed vehicle location reports enhance your control over movement of goods.
- Monitor the speed and stoppage points in real-time.
- Receive alert messages from the vehicle operator and so better access for preventive measures and medical or technical assistance in case of accident or vehicle breakdown, thereby saving life and asset.
- Getting real-time and playback data visualization.
- Saves time by better route planning and eliminating overtime spent in unnecessary traveling, speeding and other side works. Control of speed can optimize fuel cost that improves efficiency by reducing operational cost.
- Improve customer service by providing exact delivery reports.
Conclusion: Vehicle tracking system resulted in improving overall productivity with better fleet management that in turn offers better return on your investments. Better scheduling or route planning can enable you handle larger jobs loads within a particular time. Vehicle tracking both in case of personal as well as business purpose improves safety and security, communication medium, performance monitoring and increases productivity. So in the coming year, it is going to play a major role in our day-to-day living.