Java SE 7
Java SE was released on 28 July 2011. Its code name is Dolphin. It
was first launched on 7 July 2011 but made available to general public on 28
July 2011. During development period, 13 milestone was achieved.
Following is the list of new features added to the Java 7 :
- Java Virtual Support for dynamic languages
- Java HotSpot Virtual Machine Performance Enhancements
- Changes in Java Programming Languages :
- Concurrency Utilities
- Two new packages, java.nio.file and java.nio.file.attribute
, are added to improve platform independence and add support for
metadata and symbolic links.
- XRender-Based Rendering Pipeline for Java2D
- Security enhancement : Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC),
CertPath Algorithm Disabling etc
- Swing Enhancements : JLayer Class, Nimbus Look & Feel, ease in
mixing Heavyweight and Lightweight components, Shaped and Translucent
Windows, HSL Color Selection in JColorChooser Class.
- Networking Enhancements : Enhanced support for new network
protocol like SCTP and Sockets Direct Protocol , addition
of URLClassLoader.close method.
- XML Enhancements : inclusion of JAXP, also support JAXB, JAX-WS
- Internationalization Enhancements : supports Unicode
6.0.0 , Support for ISO 4217 Currency Codes, Locale Class Supports BCP47 and
UTR35, Unicode 6.0 Support in Regular Expressions API etc.
- Enhancement of Rich Internet Applications (RIA) : Requesting
and Customizing Applet Decoration in Dragg able Applets, Embedding JNLP File
in Applet Tag, Deploying without Codebase, Handling Applet Initialization
Status with Event Handlers
We have 1000s of tutorials on our website. Search Tutorials tutorials on our website.