Sun's certification programs in Java technology are well recognized in
the developers' community, global program focusing on different job roles in
development and enterprise architecture. Due to focus on
the technology globally, these certifications are portable from one company to another.
The main motive of Sun's certification program is to learn the process since it provides validation of skill sets for specific job roles. Sun certification program also offers a spontaneous progression to meet your career goals.
Sun offers different range of certificate programs from general to specialized levels. Here is the list of certificate program that Sun offers:
- Sun Certified Java Associate (SCJA): It is the lowest level certificate program that Sun offers. Through this certification program Sun verifies that whether you have a base set of knowledge that enables entry into a career in application. It is not the mandatory certification program to appear in the next certification programs.
- Sun Certified Java Programmer (SCJP): It is the entery level cerification program to appear in the high level certification programs as Sun Certified Enterprise Architect (SCEA). After qualifying this exam a programmer can go to next level exam like SCJD, SCWCD, SCBCD, SCDJWS (Sun Certified Developer for Java Web Services), SCMAD (Sun Certified Mobile Application Developer).
- Sun Certified Java Developer (SCJD):
- Sun Certified Web Component Developer (SCWCD): It is the new certification program and one of the hottest emerging certifications in the industry.
- Sun Certified Developer for Java Web Services (SCDJWS): Along with the knowledge of technological development, Sun also offers the certification exam for Web Services. This certificate recognizes the developers to develop application on web services using Java technology components such as those supported by the Java Web Services Developer Pack and the Java 2, Enterprise Edition 1.4 platform.
- Sun Certified Mobile Application Developer (SCMAD): This certification program test a developer skills for the wireless technologies.
- Sun Certified Enterprise Architect (SCEA): This certification introduces a developer as an enterprise architect that is responsible for architecting and designing Java Enterprise Edition applications.