In this article we will see the importance of Docker for Business and explore the real-world business benefits of Docker.In this article we will see the importance of Docker for Business and explore the real-world business benefits of Docker.
In 2013, when Docker set out for his journey into a highly competitive market, no one even could predict that it would have a gargantuan influence across the business line from corporate giants to promising start-up companies in the field of software development. Docker has managed to earn this popularity in a few years, because of its ability to package an application with all of its dependencies into a standardized unit for software development. A Docker container encompasses everything including code, system tools, system libraries, runtime, that a piece of software needs to operate, It is true that Docker performance in infrastructure virtualization is nothing extraterrestrial but in reality, it is eating up the market of the virtual machine.
The portability, flexibility and simplicity are the reasons to enable Docker to generate such great momentum.
1. The ingrained flexibility of Docker containers encourages the engineers to focus on innovative new features, improving the user interface and correcting coding flaws, rather than compatibility issues and different programming languages.
2. The high portability assures Software companies that their application will exhibit a consistent performance irrespective of the infrastructures attributed to the host device. Developers used to manage complexities regarding several different dependencies and configurations for a specific environment, Docker has made them free from these complications. It has helped the businesses by offering a fast software shipment.
3. Docker containers' scalability proves its ability to use resources more efficiently.
4. Engineers can isolate problem containers effectively and it can easily track back to the relevant stage in the software development cycle and thereby helps to bring the required changes in the container to take it back in action. This isolation causes less disruption to other software. All these qualities have made it possible for Docker to accelerate application production by as much as 600 per cent.
5. Docker is advantageous for those houses who use lots of software packages. A high degree of portability of the containers reduces the required amount of processing power, allows them to engage more applications to streamline their operations.
6. Docker, an open-source project, feeds into the spirit of collaboration and connectivity with a good number of organizations. Docker feels that the community is as important as the software itself. It encourages to build a common framework for developers and system administrators to distribute and share content.
The corporate houses that embraced Docker
Docker is enjoying partnerships with some of the world’s largest technology companies, Companies like Amazon, Microsoft, Google or Rackspace, all are currently working hand in hand with Docker.
With the advent of artificial intelligence, automation or machine learning technological world is seeing changes in a rocket speed. No one can predict the future of any project, which also holds true for Docket too. Already, the open-source projects like Canonical or Joyent have entered the fray of container service. But, Docket is always a self- evolving platform. And the truth is Docket is now the blue-eyed boy of the business confrere.
Check following tutorial and articles: