R Programming Tutorial - Learn and master R Programming
R is a programming language for statistical computer and it comes with the environment which is used for statistical computing. R Programming comes with a software environment which is used to run R program for statistical computing, analysis, generation of visual graphs and scientific research.
In the field of data science and data analysis this framework is used very extensively to analyze data. This framework is one of the best and open source framework for statistical computing. R Programming can be used in following ways:
- In statistical computing
- For data research
- For cleaning the data
- For visualizing data in charts and graphs formats
R Programming language is popular because:
- Its open source
- Easy programming language and support expressive syntax
- It comes with easy to use interface
- Supports various data formats like text file, excel file, csv files, database data etc.
- Community support
Who should learn R?
Software programmers, statisticians and data miners should learn R Programming language to develop next generation software for data analysis. This tutorial covers basics and advanced topics of R programming which is essential in developing analytics software.
What are prerequisites to learning R?
R programming language is used for statistical computing and anyone learning this programming language should have mathematics knowledge. Students should have prior programming experience in any programming language.
Tutorials of R Programming
- Overview of R Programming
- R Programming Setup
- R Hello World Example
- R command not found Windows issue
- Running R script from command line
- Downloading and Installing R Studio
- Reserved words in R Programming
R Programming in Business/research/FAQ
R Data Structure
All the programming language offers their data structures for easy programming, in this session we will learn about R Data Structures
- Variables in R
- Data Frames
- Functions like c, Cbind, Rbind, attach and detach in R Programming
- Factors in R Programming
Importing and using data in R Programming language
In this session we will learn how to use data from various sources in R Programming language. Following topics are covered:
- Reading Tabular Data from files
- Reading CSV files
- Importing data from Excel files
- Importing data from SAS
- Accessing database data
- Saving data in R data format
- Loading R data objects
- Writing to files
Manipulating Data in R
In this session we will learn to manipulate data through R Programming. Topics covered are:
- Selecting rows/observations
- Selecting columns/fields through R programming
- How to merge data in R Programming?
- Labeling/Relabeling the column names
- Converting variable types in R
- Data sorting in R Programming language
- What is data aggregation and how to do it in R Programming?
Functions in R Programming Language
In this session we will learn about various functions provided with the R Programming languages, here are the topics:
- Mathematical Functions
- Summary Functions
- User defined Functions
- String Functions
- Understanding local and global variables in R Programming Language
Looping and Control statements
In this section we will learn about looping and control statement of R Programming language. Following topics are covered:
- While loop
- If loop
- For loop in R
- Arithmetic operations in R Programming Language
Various Charts and Plots in R
Finally we will learn how to represent the data using various charts and plots offered in R Programming Language. In this session following topics are covered:
- Box Plot
- Pareto Charts
- Pie Graph
- Line Chart
- Scattered plot
- How to generate graphs
R Programming Online Training
Join our online programming training course and learn it from experts.