Learning Spring and Hibernate: How much time will it take to learn Spring and Hibernate?
Spring and Hibernate are most used technologies in Java programming language for developing enterprise applications. These days enterprise applications developed in Java uses these technologies due to the features it these technologies provides. These technologies are used as it increases the productivity of the developers and eases the development of enterprise applications. In this article we are giving you the path that you should following for learning Spring and Hibernate. We will also give some idea about the time taken to learn Spring and Hibernate. You can start these technologies from beginning and complete the basic tutorials. Gradually you should learn the advanced concepts in Spring and Hibernate.
Learning Spring and Hibernate requires certain pre-requisites. First all anyone planning to learn Spring and Hibernate must have prior experience in Java programming. Developer should have experience in Core Java, Advanced Java, JDBC, Servlets, JSP and SQL. These are the pre-requisites to learn Spring and Hibernate. The Spring and Hibernate are advanced technologies of Java and used for enterprise application development. It will take considerable time to learn these technologies.
How much time will it take to learn Spring and Hibernate?
The Spring and Hibernate are enterprise application development technologies which comes with many libraries for coding various types of applications. There are many different ways these libraries can be used, so these are vast and takes a lot of time to learn all the required features of these frameworks. Even to get stared and learn the basics will take 15 days in Hibernate and around 30 days in Spring. So, in around 2 months you will be able to learn these technologies necessary for getting started with the enterprise application development.
It also depends on your interest and the time you invest in learning these technologies. You learn Hibernate and Spring from our online tutorials, which teaches you these technologies from beginning. Prior to learning these you should have previous experience in web application development.
Learning Spring Framework
You can learn Spring Framework in around 4 weeks and during the 4 weeks time you can learn it from beginning. In Spring framework you have to start with the SpringCore, SpringAOP and then learn the web development using Spring Web. After this you should learn the advanced concepts of the Spring Framework.
Here are the minimum topics you should learn in Spring Framework:
- Spring Framework Tutorials
- Why use Spring Framework?
- Introduction to Spring Framework
- IoC and Dependency Injection and Spring IoC Examples
- Inheritance in Spring
- Introduction to the Spring Containers and working with BeanFactory, ApplicationContext, XmlBeanFactory, ClassPathXmlApplicationContext, FileSystemXmlApplicationContext
- Different types of Dependency Injection - Spring Constructor Injection Example
- How to make Spring web Login form?
- Spring Framework Tutorial for beginners with examples
- Spring Tutorial for Beginners
- Features of Spring Framework 5
Hibernate is popular ORM framework for writing the persistence layer for database driven application. Using Hibernate framework developers write program that interacts with the database for adding, updating, searching and deleting the underline database to meet the application requirements. Hibernate is very powerful yet easy to use ORM tool, which is being used in millions of enterprise Java projects around the world.
You can learn Hibernate in around 2 weeks and after that you will find yourself in a much better position to work on the enterprise Java projects using this ORM tool. First of all you have to learn the Basics of Hibernate and then move on to the advanced topics such as joins in Hibernate.
Here are the topics you should learn in Hibernate:
- Complete Hibernate Tutorial
- What is Hibernate in Java?
- Hibernate Overview
- Hibernate Architecture
- Hibernate Example Step by Step in Eclipse
- Hibernate Load Example
- Setup Hibernate Environment
- Understanding Hibernate Configuration Files
- Hibernate Simple Example
- Hibernate 4.2 Tutorials
- What is difference between Hibernate 4 and 5?
- Hibernate Relationship Mappings
- Hibernate Relationships - Hibernate Relationships mapping example
- Hibernate Many-to-many Relationships
- Example program of Associations and Joins in Hibernate framework
- Hibernate One-to-many Relationships
- Hibernate Transactions
- Hibernate Session Management
- Hibernate Query Language and HQL Examples
These are the tutorials to learn Spring and Hibernate frameworks. After completing these examples you will be able to understand any enterprise web application developed in these technologies. With little more effort you will be able to work on the enterprise web applications developed in Spring and Hibernate.
What you should learn after learning Spring and Hibernate?
There is no end to the technologies in the programming and after learning all the above technologies you might think "what next?", don't worry there are lot of things that you can learn after learning Spring and Hibernate. Here are the technologies you can learn: