Why hibernate is used?
Hibernate is leading ORM solutions for developing the persistence layer of the enterprise applications. It provides gives performance and the application developing is also very simple if Hibernate is used in the application.
- Hibernate makes the application development process easy
- Hibernate saves the development time
- Hibernate allows to map the Java objects to the relational database
- Hibernate provides HQL for performing selective search
- Hibernate also supports SQL Queries (Native Query)
- Hibernate provides primary and secondary level caching support
- Can be used in both console and web based applications
- Developers can use the components from the Hibernate framework selectively.
- Hibernate can be used with JPA
- It supports both xml file and annotations as metadata