SEO Vs. PPC Advertising
Both Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Pay Per Click
(PPC) are leading techniques in the search engine marketing world. SEO and PPC
is being used for increasing the tons of visitors on the website. In this
article I will explain the merits and demerits of both methods of search engine
marketing and web promotions.
What is PPC?
People visits the search engines to find the information they need on Internet.
Since everyone uses search engine to find the information on the web, thus
search engines receives huge traffic. Along with the free results, search
engines displays the paid links on the search result page. When ever you
purchases the paid listing from the search engine, search engine displays your
ads as link on the search result page. Search engine will be charging you on the
basis of number of clicks on your ads. This way of purchasing the visitors or
"clicks" from the search engine is called PPC or Pay Per Click
advertising. Pay-Per-Click Search Engine Advertising allows you to quickly get
top search engine placement by paying high money.
Benefits of PPC - Pay Per Click Advertising
- Immediate traffic to your website. Using PPC
advertisement you can immediately increase the qualified visitors to your
website within hours or days.
- You can quickly test your website and track leads
and sales on your website.
- You will be charged only if your advertisement is
- You can direct your user to the most targeted page
- You can easily generate website traffic for minimal
- You can set your own advertisement budget.
- PPC is very useful for testing new products and
Disadvantages of PPC
- Its expensive and there is monthly recurring cost
- If you are targeting the highly competitive
keywords, then your ads expense may go very high.
- Managing many phrases for displaying your
advertisement is also a challenging task.
What is SEO - Natural Search Engine Advertisement
Search engine optimization or SEO for short is the technique for developing
website and its content in a such way that maximizes the probability of
appearing your website in search engine results at high ranks. Search engine
optimization is done by optimizing your web pages and linking your website with
other websites of the same type.
Most of the popular search engines do not displays the
paid (PPC ads) in the between the Natural SEO results. But the paid ads are
displayed in the top or the right of the page. One study shows that 60% to 70%
of the website traffic are through natural search engine results. This means
that SEO results are very important and your website can get those traffic only
Benefits of SEO
- There is no recurring cost involved in case of SEO.
Once your website is optimized and it starts appearing in the search
engine result, it will keep on appearing for many months and even for years.
- More searchers prefers the Natural SEO results and
there is high clicks on the organic results.
- Once your website appears in major search
engine results, it will also start appearing in other small search engines.
- SEO is cheaper in long run that PPC.
Disadvantages of SEO
- SEO is very time consuming and it takes many months
to see the actual results.
- SEO can't guarantee of your placements in the search
- Search engine keeps on updating their logic, so in
worse it may drop your pages from the index.
SEO and PPC can be used simultaneously to increase ROI
of your business. PPC is very important for increasing traffic for certain
keywords in minimal timings. PPC can be used to fast test your website and the
conversation rates. SEO can be used in long terms basis for making the
continuous free inflow of traffic.