HTTP Protocol stands for Hyper Text Transfer Protocol.HTTP Protocol stands for Hyper Text Transfer Protocol.
HTTP Protocol stands for Hyper Text Transfer Protocol. It is the protocol used to convey information of World Wide Web (WWW). HTTP protocol is a stateless and connectionless protocol. HTTP is called as a stateless protocol because each command is request is executed independently, without any knowledge of the requests that were executed before it. It is the protocol used for the web. It is based on a request/request paradigm. In this protocol the communication generally takes place over a TCP/IP protocol.
HTTP Request Methods:
1) GET Method: The Get method is used to getting the data from the server. Get method appends the parameters passed as query string to a URL, in the form of key- value pairs. for example, if a parameter is name = Williams, then this string will be appended in the URL. By default the method is Get.
2) POST Method: The post method is used for sending data to the server. In post method the query string is appended along the request object, they do not get appended in the URL, so parameters transfer in hidden form.
3) HEAD Method: When a user wants to know about the headers, like MIME types, charset, Content- Length then we use Head method. With this no body content is returned.
These three are commonly used methods of jsp while Get and Post methods are most widely used. There are more methods of http protocols which are rarely used by they have been given here for your knowledge.
4) TRACE Method: Trace on the jsp resource returns the content of the resource. Asks for a loopback of the request message, so that the use can see what is being recieved on the other side.
5) DELETE Method: It is used for delete the resources, files at the requested URL
6) OPTIONS Method: It lists the Http methods to which the thing at the requested URL can respond.
7) PUT Method: It put the enclosed information at the requestedURL.
8) CONNECT Method: It connects for the purpose of tunneling.