Apache FTP Server
In this tutorial we will discuss on Apache FTP server.
Apache FTP Server :
The Apache FTPServer is totally Java based FTPServer. It is designed by the
Apache. Main function of FTP server is to transfer file from a server to a client(download) or
from client to server(upload).
FtpServer can be run independent as a windows service or Unix/Linux or embedded
into a java application.
Apache FTPServer also included feature of integration within Spring applications.
Apache provides default network support Apache MINA. It is high performance asynchronous IO library .MINA helps FTPServer to handle large number of concurrent users.
- It is a free open source resumable FTP server.
- It includes write permission, user virtual directory, idle time out.
- It also supports upload/download bandwidth limitations and anonymous login.
- It provides facility to resume broken file transfers for both upload and download files.
- It handles both binary and ASCII data transfers.
- Feature of IP restriction can ban IPs.
- It provides file to be used for storing user data and database too.
- By customizing all FTP messages as needed, it control messages.
- Implicit/explicit SSL/TLS support.
- It provides multithreaded design and multiplatform support
- It allow the users to change the date-time stamp of files through MDTM support.
- It provides faster data upload/download using MODE Z.
- Through this server, Custom user manager, IP restrictor, logger can be added easily.
- User event notifications can be added (Ftplet).