Here you will read the various aspects of DHTML like what is DHTML, use of DHTML, features of DHTML, benefits of DHTML, advantages of DHTML, disadvantages of DHTML, difference between DHTML and Ajax
What is DHTML
Use of DHTML
As we have read in the above paragraph, DHTML is used for creating websites that may be the dynamic and interactive. Using DHTML an author of page can add effects on their pages which is normally a typical task. DHTML also allows the author of page that they can animate the text, images in their document, they can embed a ticker in such websites that are required to refresh its contents automatically like, the news websites, stock quotes, websites that are displaying the live updates such as a website that is displaying a live cricket match updates. Including the above all features a page author can include roll over buttons or drop down menus.
Features of DHTML
DHTML has various of features. Some of the primary features are as follows :
- DHTML allows you to change the tags and properties according to the event out side of the browser.
- DHTML allows for real-time positioning that facilitate to play the games along the reading or animate portions of screen.
- DHTML allows for dynamic fonts, however, it is browser specific this is feature is supported by only Netscape.
- DHTML allows for data binding which facilitate to access database from websites. This feature is also browser specific, this is only supported by Internet Explorer.
Benefits of DHTML
DHTML is most beneficial for creating interactive and dynamic websites. It gathers the various technologies together that allows you to add animate text and images in their document. You can create browser based action games. Games created using DHTML can be ported to other medias like Plasma for KDE, Widgets for Mac OS X and Gadgets for Windows Vista as well as can be played to almost all major browsers.
Advantages of DHTML
- Websites created using DHTML are fast, such type of websites whole pages are not loaded but the required content part that to be altered is loaded.
- Websites created using DHTML are not required to download the many more Plug-ins.
- Websites created using DHTML have the compact looks, can be download fast, have graphic effects.
Disadvantages of DHTML
- Editing tools for creating websites are costly.
- To create websites using DHTML have the complex and long coding.
- As we have discussed above the websites that are created using DHTML are doesn't support all browsers.
Difference Between DHTML and Ajax