Struts 2.0.5 is released with documentation changes and bug fixes.
* Added Portal Developers Guide.
* Added Wilcard Mappings section to Core Developers Guide.
Experimental Features and Plugins
* Java 1.4 support: We are backporting the core Struts and XWork JARs, and, as a courtesy, bundling them with the distribution. However, Struts 2 is being coded for Java 5 and backward compatibility is not assured.
* Portlets: Automatic portlet support allows portal and servlet deployments with no code changes (WW-1645@S2jira).
* AJAX Theme: AJAX tags look and feel just like standard Struts tags but provide greater interactivity and flexibility. The AJAX theme is backed by the popular Dojo Toolkit (WW-1609).
* Zero Configuration: Optionally, eliminate or reduce XML configuration with convention and annotation (WW-1491).
* REST-ful URLs: Use search-engine friendly URLs, like category/action/movie/Thrillers (WW-1475).
* Experimental Plugins
o Codebehind Plugin: Reduce mundane configuration by using "page controller" conventions (WW-1515).
o Plexus Plugin - A new plugin that enables Struts Actions, Interceptors, and Results to be created and injected by Plexus.
o Scope Plugin - Initial version of scope plugin that mimics JBoss Seam-style of scoped bijection (presently in the Sandbox).
o Struts1 Plugin - A new plugin that allows you to use existing Struts 1 Actions and ActionForms in Struts 2 applications..
o Tiles Plugin - A new plugin allows your Struts actions to return Tiles pages. The Tiles plugin is dependant on Tiles 2, which is still in beta.
You can download Struts 2.0.5 from http://struts.apache.org/.
Posted on: March 18, 2008 If you enjoyed this post then why not add us on Google+? Add us to your Circles