Struts 2.0.4 Released
Struts 2.0.4 is released and added dependency on Struts Annotations 1.0.1.
Experimental Features and Plugins
Please help us test these brave new features. Feedback appreciated!
- Portlets: Automatic portlet support allows portal and servlet deployments
with no code changes
- AJAX Theme: AJAX tags look and feel just like standard Struts tags but
provide greater interactivity and flexibility. The AJAX theme is backed by
the popular Dojo Toolkit
- Zero Configuration: Optionally, eliminate or reduce XML configuration with
convention and annotation
- REST-ful URLs: Use search-engine friendly URLs, like
- Experimental Plugins
- Codebehind Plugin: Reduce mundane
configuration by using "page controller" conventions.
- Plexus Plugin - A new plugin that enables
Struts Actions, Interceptors, and Results to be created and injected by
- Scope Plugin- Initial version of scope
plugin that mimics JBoss Seam-style of scoped bijection (presently in
- Struts1 Plugin- A new plugin that allows you
to use existing Struts 1 Actions and ActionForms in Struts 2
- Tiles Plugin- A new plugin allows your
Struts actions to return Tiles pages. The Tiles plugin is dependant on
Tiles 2, which is still in beta.
You can download Struts 2.0.4 from http://struts.apache.org/.