What is KNOPPIX?
KNOPPIX is a bootable Linux CD with a collection of
various GNU/Linux software. It auto-detects hardware and supports many graphics
cards, sound cards, USB and SCSI drives.
KNOPPIX can be used as a Linux demo, educational CD, rescue system, or adapted and used as a platform for commercial software product demos. It is not necessary to install anything on a hard disk. Due to on-the-fly decompression, the CD can have up to 2 GB of executable software installed on it.
It is not necessary to install anything on a hard disk. Due to on-the-fly decompression, the CD can have up to 2 GB of executable software installed on it.
Getting KNOPPIX CD's?
We are providing the free downloadable version of KNOPPIX, which is distributed under GNU public license. You have to pay only for the CD and S&H (Shipping and Handling) charges.The major components are included in KNOPPIX 3.6 are:
Kernel 2.6.7 (as an option) and 2.4.27
KDE 3.2.3 (which is still more stable than 3.3 in Debian)
GIMP version 2.0
Highlights of Knoppix 3.6 of this Debian-based CD:
V3.6-2004-08-16 ("aKademy Release")
- first release after LinuxTag 2004
- Kernel 2.6.7 (as an option) and 2.4.27
- memtest86+ as boot option
- captive-ntfs update
- FreeNX-Server package from Fabian Franz
- hardware detection updates & fixes
- KDE 3.2.3 (which is still more stable than 3.3 in Debian)
- ndiswrapper+GUI (Martin Oehler)
- lots and lots of package updates from Debian/testing and unstable
and the Konqueror WWW-browser konqueror
X Multimedia System (xmms) an MPEG-video, MP3, Ogg Vorbis Audio player and xine
Internet connection software kppp,pppoeconf (DSL) and isdn-config
Gnu Image Manipulation Program (GIMP)
utilities for data recovery and system repairs, even for other operating systems
network and security analysis tools for network administrators
OpenOffice(TM), the GPL-developed version of the well-known StarOffice(TM) office suite
many programming languages, development tools (including kdevelop) and libraries for developers
in total more than 900 installed software packages with over 2000 executable user programs, utilities, and games
To start the CD, set up the BIOS of your computer to boot off the CD, put the CD in the drive, and power up the computer. If your computer doesn't support this option, you have to use a boot disk. You can create this disk from the image in KNOPPIX/boot.img on the CD.
Minimum system requirements:
* If your computer doesn't have that much RAM, then after a swap partition has been initialized, Linux can add the missing RAM from an area of the hard disk that has been reserved for this purpose. KNOPPIX recognizes and automatically uses any available swap partitions. Optionally, a swap partition can be added manually. However, only experienced users should try this, since repartitioning of the hard drive is required.
Currently we are providing KNOPPIX CD.
|No of CDs||
CD Charges (Rs.)
|S & H Charges||
|KNOPPIX 3.6 Live CD||
** Add Rs. 25/- for checks out side Delhi.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is downloadable version of and not a product of KNOPPIX and is not endorsed by KNOPPIX, Support for this product is not provided by KNOPPIX. Please refer the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE which governs the distribution of any "open source" Linux OS Distribution.
Ask Questions? Discuss: We are providing Knoppix 3.6 Live Linux CD's
Post your Comment
If you are facing any programming issue, such as compilation errors or not able to find the code you are looking for.
Ask your questions, our development team will try to give answers to your questions.