Home Discussion Discuss: Combo Box Using Ajax In JSP

• using ajax with strutsPriti Sharma August 13, 2011 at 10:39 AM

i have no knowledge of using ajax.i want to use it in my website build in struts framework.can u please help.

• AJAX WITH JAVAPRITI SHARMA August 13, 2011 at 10:43 AM

I WANT TO USE AJAX WITH STRUTS FRAMEWORK.I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF USING AJAX.

• captchajitendra August 30, 2011 at 3:11 PM

captcha in html with ajax and jsp

• AutoCombodCandan January 23, 2013 at 4:14 AM

Thanks. Very Very Thanks.

• Combobox not coming in JSP using AJAXBasil November 28, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Hi, I need to make a Combobox with dynamic values. On the change of Year or Month, i want to change the values in the Week combobox. I am able to get the values back to the screen after the Ajax call. But the combobox style class is not getting called.Its displaying as text values as below 3/1/2011-7/1/201110/1/2011-14/1/201117/1/2011-21/1/201124/1/2011-28/1/201131/1/2011-31/1/2011 Kindly help me Below is my code : // Ajax call method in JSP function showWeek() { if(document.forms[0].reportFrequency != null && document.forms[0].reportFrequency.value =='Weekly') { var selectedYear = document.forms[0].selectYear.value; var selectedMonth = document.forms[0].selectMonth.value; var weeks = getWeek(selectedYear,selectedMonth); // this js function will get the values for the week var xmlHttp=null; xmlHttp=GetXmlHttpObject(xmlHttp); if (xmlHttp==null) { alert ("Browser does not support HTTP Request"); return; } var url="/Web/reports/getWeeks.jsp"; url=url+"?Weeks="+weeks; xmlHttp.onreadystatechange= stateChanged; xmlHttp.open("GET",url,true); xmlHttp.send(null); } } function stateChanged() { if (xmlHttp.readyState==4 || xmlHttp.readyState=="complete") { document.getElementById("Report8").innerHTML=xmlHttp.responseText; } } function GetXmlHttpObject() { if (window.XMLHttpRequest) { // Firefox, Opera 8.0+, Safari xmlHttp=new XMLHttpRequest(); } else if(window.XMLHttpRequest) { xmlHttp=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP"); } return xmlHttp; } ------------ // weeks has display in below div id <div id="Report8" style="display:none"> </div> ------------------------------ getWeeks.jsp response.setContentType("text/html"); response.setHeader("Cache-Control","no-cache"); String weeks = request.getParameter("Weeks"); String[] totalWeeks = weeks.split(":"); String combo="<html:select property=\"selectWeek\" styleClass=\"combobox\">"; for (int i=0;i<totalWeeks.length;++i) { System.out.println(" weeks :"+totalWeeks[i]); combo=combo+"<option value=\""+totalWeeks[i]+"\">"+totalWeeks[i]+"</option>"; } combo=combo+"</html:select>"; response.getWriter().write(combo);

• need a codeMahitha January 11, 2012 at 10:24 PM

can you please help me with how to retrieve the data from the database and consolidate it based on priority using servlet?

• Not Working Chirag` January 21, 2012 at 12:06 PM

i have already made table in my db and made all the necessary changes but it doesn't populate list of emp_id in combo box ............. Not Working

• ajax and jspbiswaranjan March 6, 2012 at 2:36 PM

it solved my problem completely........ thnks roseindia.. i suggest to give more example on ajax

• Problem related to Combo Box using ajax in jspAkash Jain March 12, 2012 at 6:25 PM

I have copied the code from "Combo box using ajax in jsp" and created the database too .... Although the jsp shows the connected values of EMPID but when i change the selection of combo box it gives the alert message box of "Please Select Employee ID" As i dont know much about ajax please help by the Code in "Combo Box using Ajax in JSP" by rose india :-) Thanx in advance

• Combo BoxSourav Roy April 8, 2012 at 2:30 AM

thanks for the code

• JSPAlpesh Patel April 13, 2012 at 11:15 AM

can i do same things in a single jsp page. if i select one item in combo box according to first combo value the second combo will display value.same page as well as same table.

• Thanks! Not Bad to get an idea. But,NaveenRaj May 15, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Could you show me that while we are using two select box.one contains states and another one contain district of those related states. By using AJAX in jsp; when we select the state, those corresponding district will be automatically loaded. I tried and got the output too. But, my output is like just adding the fields in the jsp page into that district table data field.

• confused !!!amit September 7, 2012 at 3:18 PM

in this file , how you come to know that emp_name is in "strar[1]" And emp_id is in "strar[2]" .. if i have more fields in table then how we will come to know about these ...

• JspJack Juma March 5, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Congrat. This thing has been disturbing me for the last two weeks. Thanks. But the question is, what if I want to show more than one field, say, department, grade etc from database to be displayed at the same time? Assistence pls

• JspJack Juma March 5, 2014 at 10:22 PM

Good Lord, this thing has been disturbing me for the last two weeks. Thanks But the problem is, how can I show more than one text box eg name, department, grade etc at the same time? Jack

Post your Comment

Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Subject (*):
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image

Related Articles
Ajax Questions

autosuggest box - Ajax
autosuggest box Java example  How to implement auto suggest box using Ajax-DWR technology in jsp/html 

Ajax Questions

using jsp's....and ajax - Ajax
using jsp's....and ajax  Hi, i need code using ajax .....in a text box when i enter an alphabet i should get list of words starts with the alphabet given in the text box 

Ajax Questions

Auto Search box using ajax
Auto Search box using ajax   Hi , i want to implement auto search box functionality like google and linkedin using ajax,jsp,servlet, javascript etc.when the value appears on the textbox then we should also be able to select 

Ajax Questions

how to operate on select box using ajax in struts2?
how to operate on select box using ajax in struts2?  I am doing a project on struts2 in which i have a jsp page which has two select boxes like Now i want to use ajax so that when i select a district value 

Ajax Questions

How to get data from DB in to Text box by using Jsp & Ajax
How to get data from DB in to Text box by using Jsp & Ajax   I want to get the data from database in to text box in a jsp page by using Ajax. If I enter the letter A in the textbox it should show only those values which starts 

Ajax Questions

how to operate on select box using ajax in struts2?
how to operate on select box using ajax in struts2?  I am doing a project on struts2 in which i have a jsp page which has two select boxes like <...; <s:submit></s:submit> </s:form> Now i want to use ajax 

Ajax Questions

auto complete text box - Ajax
auto complete text box  How to create auto complete text box in jsp using ajax technology ? plz giv me steps wise code 

Ajax Questions

ajax
me reg this. thanks KK   Combobox box using Ajax in JSP   i...ajax  HI, In my application using ajax if i type a managername... a text box and depending upon the textbox value the employees under that manger 

Ajax Questions

To display suggestions in a text box - Ajax
the Ajax : Some steps to be memeber : 1)Create a text box on the JSP Page. 2)On this text box call a function onKeyUp event using Ajax. 3)Pass the value.../comboSelect.shtml http://www.roseindia.net/jsp/popup-window-using-ajax-in-jsp.shtml 

JSP Tutorials

Combo Box Using Ajax In JSP
Combo Box Using Ajax In JSP   ... to Select the Data from database using Ajax in combo box. We created two file...; run on browser then it will  having a Select Box Employee Id.On select emp 

Ajax Questions

ajax code with jsp - Ajax
ajax code with jsp  hi , Sorry for insufficient data.i m making some correction on question. I have to perform some calculation on my jsp page. i want to do it automatically (using ajax in jsp). problem is - i hv two 

Ajax Questions

Passing Multi select list box values using ajax to get values to dependent list box
Passing Multi select list box values using ajax to get values to dependent list box  Hi, I have a jsp page which has 3 dependent list boxes with multiple selection. How can i pass multiple selected values through ajax to retrieve 

Ajax Questions

ajax and jsp code - Ajax
ajax and jsp code  can u please give me the code for retriving the data from database using ajax our requriment is if i select country name in listbox display the corresponding all the states. using jsp and ajax    

Ajax Questions

dropdown box
dropdown box  i need to have country,state and city in drop down box using ajax and use db2 database   Have a look at the following link: JSP dependent dropdown 

Ajax Questions

Jsp and ajax
Jsp and ajax  Hi I am using jsp and ajax.I am retrieving... a combo box,it updates the selected value in the database(jag.jsp...); //will display the combo box value %>   Hi,I am sakthilakshmi 

Ajax Questions

Jsp and ajax
Jsp and ajax  Hi I am using jsp and ajax.I am retrieving... a combo box,it updates the selected value in the database(jag.jsp...; function ajax(str){ var xmlHttp; var i; var config=document.getElementById 

Ajax Questions

Jsp and ajax
Jsp and ajax  Hi I am using jsp and ajax.I am retrieving... a combo box,it updates the selected value in the database(jag.jsp...; function ajax(str){ var xmlHttp; var i; var config=document.getElementById 

Ajax Questions

Jsp and ajax

Ajax Questions

JSP and AJAX- very urgent - Ajax
JSP and AJAX- very urgent  Respected Sir/Madam, I am... (Using AJAX. for ur reference, I have included the coding below: Login.html.... In Login.html, I am entering the starting letter in a text box and when I click "Get details 

JSP Servlet Questions

Ajax
Ajax  how to impliment ajax in registration table using jsp-servlet 

JSP Servlet Questions

populating text box using jsp code
populating text box using jsp code  Sir, How to populate related values in a text box after selecting value from drop down list using JSP and mysql. I tried using Ajax from your example. But for some browser it does not support 

JSP Servlet Questions

Ajax with java(using Dojo) - JSP-Servlet
Ajax with java (using Dojo)  Hi, In In place Edit Box,when I click "save" button how can I save the data in server side i.e JSP or how can I call.... Is there a possibility for tutorial on Scriptaculous. us,for Java programmers 

Ajax Questions

Dynamic select box - Ajax
in the other select box automatically.. The city details must be extracted from...(); if (xmlhttp==null){ alert ("Your browser does not support AJAX!"); return; } var url...").selectedIndex; window.location.replace("http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp 

Ajax Questions

Ajax user interface - Ajax
and perform the operations in the combo box the it has to affect on the table these all has to be do using JSP,AJAX,JDBC what exactly i needed... is to design the database interaction using AJAX my requirement is a table 

Ajax Questions

Ajax
Ajax  how to include ajax in jsp page?   Hi, Please read Ajax First Example - Print Date and Time example. Instead of using PHP you can write your code in JSP. Thanks 

Ajax Questions

Ajax in struts application - Ajax
Ajax in struts application  I have a running application using struts and now i want to implement Ajax(for populating some search box) in it.The problem is that my jsp page is able to send the request to my Struts Action process 

Ajax Questions

Ajac code with jsp - Ajax
to perform some calculation on my jsp page. i want to do it automatically that is possible using ajax. problem is - i hv two text box. 1st take... box automatically without refreshing page. If any body know this plz help me 

JSP Servlet Questions

Create Listbox in JSP using AJAX control
Create Listbox in JSP using AJAX control  Hi everyone!!! I want... listbox to select single elemnt using AJAX control . But i don't know anything about AJAX. In that listbox,listbox items are dictly fetched from databases 

JavaScript Questions

jsp and ajax
jsp and ajax  how to enable or disable textbox using radio buttons by using jsp and ajax 

JavaScript Questions

jsp & ajax
jsp & ajax  how to enable or disable textbox using radio buttons by using jsp and ajax? plz help me.... i m new in jsp & ajax 

DMCA.com