The Resource Tagger Plug-in adds tagging functionality to Eclipse such that resources may be tagged similar to the content tagging in Del.icio.us and Gmail. The tagged resources may then be managed, searched, filtered, or otherwise operated on by their ta
The Resource Tagger Plugin
The Resource Tagger Plug-in adds tagging functionality to Eclipse such that resources may be tagged similar to the content tagging in Del.icio.us and Gmail. The tagged resources may then be managed, searched, filtered, or otherwise operated on by their tag associations.
- Resource Tagging
- Any Eclipse resource can have one or more tags
associated with it. The goal of these tags is to provide an alternate means
of grouping and working with resources.
- Tag Management
- The tag set available to the workspace is managed
through a tag view. Tag can be added, edited and removed using this view.
- Search by Tag Association
- Tagged files can be found via their tag
associations. Currently the search is limited to either requiring all tags
be associated with the resource or any of the specified tags.
Create Working Set From Tags
- From the Tag Manager View, a working set can be
created from all resources tagged with specified tags.
Create Working Set From Search Results
- From any search result view, the user can create a
working set of selected resources.
Open All Search Results Action
- From any search results view, the user can open all
selected search result resources in their editors.
Filter Resource Views By Tag Associations
- A resource view can be filtered by specified tag
associations (the JDT Package View is now also filterable).
- Tags and Tag Association can be exported from one
workspace and imported into another.
How do I install it?
Installation is easy and there are two ways to do it.
You can either download the jar file and drop it into your Eclipse plugins
directory or you can add the update site
(http://taggerplugin.sourceforge.net/update) to your Eclipse update
configuration. I recommend the update site so that you always have the most
Know click for more information.