Consecutively for more than six months the news of Great War of smart phone brands has taken the common man's digest of news by surprise. The business world is too apt to see this kind of brand wars with all types of typical business strategies and idiosyncrasies of management which sometimes take the front-line news but disappears slowly to the business page and there they continue to thrive with the news of competitive product launch, press release, news of statistics on market dominance and new strategies to beat one another. But regularly to appear in with same vibe and aggressiveness for a considerably long time and to become almost a buzzword in the public domain is not so common to our never-so-hot appetite for business news. The latest war of smart phone brands and its wide media coverage is a perfect instance of how far the brand names in mobile devices rule and dominate our consciousness. This battle has primarily started with the launch and marketing of Galaxy range of mobile phones by Samsung which is supported on Android application platform and on the other hand the first major opponent was invariably the Apple iPhone products which are supported on their own application platform iOS. But in the core it was basically a technological warfare between two or more number of mobile application platforms. Here we would introduce some of these technical as well as business aspects of this warfare between Android and iOS platforms.
Android versus iOS
Android is an application platform which is introduced by the computer technology and search engine giant Google and with its launched in the mobility market it changed the common interfaces of multiple applications in advanced mobility devices and it provided a cost advantage in respect of end user price which is crucial for the dominance in mobile phone market. But iOS operational platform which is introduced by the famous Apple Computers Inc. and mainly in use in their iPhone and iPad range of devices is still considered to lead with its pioneering concepts, easy, smooth and fast operational advantages which granted it dominance in the market of mobile devices for such a long time. Along with competing in the offerings of features what Android devices could offer as a distinct advantage in the market is their competitive pricing. But after all for the user who is more interested in going with the best irrespective of the price tag, cost advantage is going to be the last agenda to think of. Let us see here some functional differences in respect of using both of this applications for various uses and though this can be a potential risk for adding some extra fuel to the ongoing warfare between Android and iOS platforms which concerns the market share of many great brands, but we can venture to do this just for the benefit of end users.
1) Google Translate: To translate something in your chosen language is an important function Google Translate is the easiest function to do that. Now, though the overall experience of both Android and iOS platform are almost similar, android is just a little faster and shows a bit wider spread of results. Feeling already hooked? Have patience, still enough to go ahead!
2) Tripit: This application is considered a must have among all the people who frequently travels. For all your travel itinerary and data in one place and to find them with ease matters a lot, especially when you are in a busy and hectic schedule. This application takes care of all your necessary travel information with utmost ease of presenting them to you. It is more popular with iOS platform users than Android, because navigating within the application is easier than in Android. Thumbs up to iOS!
3) Soundbound: To find the name of the song or other detail when you are listening or to buy a song without much of a labor of finding it out or many easy functional experience related to music, these all and many more are just a few clicks away if you have this application. But here also the Android platform is a bit faster in response than the iOS. Please don't consider us to have any secret promotional idea in mind. We are not kidding, these are all facts!
4) Facebook: Though for each of the platforms Facebook introduced some changes in user interface, Facebook is most favorable with iOS with the majority of people than Android, according to a latest survey. Almost 75% versus 25%! A sure win to iOS!
5) Twitter: Every twitter user is familiar with the @message protocol which is used for contacting people on twitter. Now both the platform follows your desired tasks with the protocol in same speed. A draw for both sides!
As the Recent Statistics Show
Some of the recent statistics and surveys can provide more insights into the warfare between Android and iOS platforms. A recent statistics on the latest buying trend signals more advantages to the iOS platform in the warfare between Android and iOS platforms. 44.5% of all the new buyers of smart phone are willing to buy iPhone, which is a clear indication of the preference of iOS platform over Android and other application platforms. Though Apple iPhone with its iOS platform still dominates the sales figures in the smart phone category, a report on the part of stability shows some surprising facts. According to a latest report applications on iOS platform crashes more frequently than others and a whopping 75% of all application crashes are reported on iOS platform alone.
Does this warfare between Android and iOS platforms are going to be summed up in the near future? Presumably no, because application and functional space is widening in rapid speed, especially in hand held devices and mobile technology at its high noon is unlikely to decipher any sign of downturn.
If you enjoyed this post then why not add us on Google+? Add us to your Circles
Liked it! Share this Tutorial
Ask Questions? Discuss: The Warfare between iOS and Android Platform
Post your Comment