XML Schema is a W3C Standard. It is an XML-based alternative to DTDs. It describes the structure of an XML document.
to XML Schema
XML Schema is a W3C Standard. It is an XML-based alternative to DTDs. It describes the structure of an XML document. The XML Schema language is also referred to as XML Schema Definition
(XSD). In this section, you will learn how to read and create XML Schemas, why XML Schemas are more powerful than DTDs and how to use them in your application. Very soon XML Schemas will be used in most Web applications
as a replacement for DTDs.
- Features of XML Schemas
XML Schemas Support Data Types One of the greatest strengths of XML Schemas is its support for data types. With support for data types:
- It is easier to describe allowable document content
- It is easier to validate the correctness of data
- It is easier to work with data from a database
- It is easier to define data patterns (data formats)
- It is easier to convert data between different data types
Read more information at: