September 20, 2008 at 3:47 PM
in your application
September 20, 2008 at 5:37 PM
It is a format to share data, defined in the 1.0 version of XML.
Information provided by a website in an XML file is called an RSS feed.
Recent browsers can read directly RSS files, but a special RSS reader or aggregator may be used too.
Some points to remember working of Rss Feed
1. Those Web pages we want to be show by other websites.This set of pages is the RSS feed.
2. An XML file that defines the RSS feed. This file holds URL, title and summary of each page to display.
3. Any person who read the feed on its computer. Then it uses an RSS reader or its browser.
4. Another website that wants to display the feed. It has to load the RSS file from the provider, to extract URL of pages, and display titles and summaries.
5. Visits the website of the receiver, the script is launched.
6 It recalls the RSS file from the provider's website and displays a list of news from extracted data.
6. Click on a line of the list, visitors display a page from the provider.