December 6, 2008 at 12:05 AM
Joomla CMS is a multi functional Open Source application for creating websites.
It is free to use and has a great community support. With SiteGround hosting you can use all Joomla features.
Joomla! main benefits:
* Multiuser and Multilevel environment: many users can interact and contribute to the development of the Joomla-based site. Users can be assigned to different groups with different privileges;
* WYSIWYG editor - the intuitive What You See Is What You Get editor allows for easy editing of the content online;
* Additional components / modules - the Joomla system can be easily enhanced with additional functionalities from integrating a forum to installing an E-commerce solution;
* Templates - there are numerous free Joomla templates on the net and Siteground is proud to offer some of the best ones!
Zend Framework is an open source, object-oriented web application framework implemented in PHP 5 and licensed under
the New BSD License. Zend Framework?often referred to as ZF?is developed with the goal of simplifying web development
while promoting best practices in the PHP developer community.
* All components are fully object-oriented PHP 5 and are E_STRICT compliant
* Use-at-will architecture with loosely coupled components and minimal interdependencies
* Extensible MVC implementation supporting layouts and PHP-based templates by default
* Support for multiple database systems and vendors, including MySQL, Oracle, IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, SQLite, and Informix Dynamic Server
* Email composition and delivery, retrieval via mbox, Maildir, POP3 and IMAP4
* Flexible caching sub-system with support for many types of backends, such as memory or a file system.