Question: difference between applet and swings
what are the major difference between swing and applets
1) AWT stands for Abstract windows toolkit whereas le Swing is also called as JFC?s (Java Foundation classes).
2) AWT components use native methods Swing components use the methods that are written in Java. Therefore AWT is heavy weight component and swing is light weight component.
3) Light weight components have transparent pixels where as heavy weight is always opaque.
4) Light weight components are non-rectangular whereas Heavy weight components are rectangular
5) Swings components are made in pure java and they are platform independent whereas AWT components are platform dependent.
6) Swing provides look and feel feature whereas this feature is not supported by AWT.
Difference between Swing and Applet:
1)Swing is light weight component while applet is not.
2)Applet have no main method, but swing have.
3)Swing have have look and feel while Applet Does not provide this facility
4)Swing uses for stand lone Applications while Applet need HTML code for Run the Applet
5)Swing have its own Layout while Applet uses Awt Layout.
To execute a swing no need of any browser.... while to execute a Applet Program we should need any one browser like...AppletViewer, WebBrowser etc.....