October 26, 2010 at 1:06 PM
JSP page looks like a HTML page but is a servlet. When presented with JSP page the JSP engine does the following 7 phases.
- Page translation: A java servlet file is generated from the JSP source file
- Page compilation: The generated java servlet file is compiled into a java servlet class.
- Page loading : This class file is loaded.
- Create an instance :- Instance of servlet is created
- jspInit() method is called
- _jspService is called to handle service calls
- _jspDestroy is called to destroy it when the servlet is not required.