Open Source Blog

Roller is the open source blog server that drives Sun Microsystem's blogs.sun.com employee blogging site, IBM DeveloperWorks blogs, thousands of internal blogs at IBM Blog Central, the Javalobby's 10,000 user strong JRoller Java community site, and hundre

Open Source Blog

Open Source Blog

1. About Roller
    Roller is the open source blog server that drives Sun Microsystem's blogs.sun.com employee blogging site, IBM DeveloperWorks blogs, thousands of internal blogs at IBM Blog Central, the Javalobby's 10,000 user strong JRoller Java community site, and hundreds of other blogs world-wide. If you want to set up a blog server for yourself or for several thousand of your closest friends, then Roller is the perfect choice.

2. The Open Source Law Blog
    This blog is designed to let you know about developments in the law and business of open source software. It also provides a forum for discussing various open source legal and business topics. As best we can, this blog will address open source in factual and legal terms, not as opinion or whether one likes or dislikes open source software. 

3. CIO Magazine Open Source Blog
    I've noticed that CIO Magazine had been taking a harder look at open source over the last several months. This is a good sign, given the magazine's target demographic of senior-level IT decision makers. It's another indicator that open source has clearly entered the mainstream as a viable enterprise option. Bernard Golden, who's written a book, Succeeding with Open Source, has launched a regular Open Source blog for CIO . Bernard's just wrapped up a three-part blog series on "Why Your Future Depends on Open Source." It's a good overview that identifies three key reasons why CIOs need to be paying attention to open source: cost, the changing nature of the software industry, and competitive advantage.

4. Weblog: Open source workflow
    Welcome to Topicus' open source workflow blog. In this blog we share our discoveries in our search for open source workflow management tools. For tools that we find interesting, we download the code, try to execute the engine, or even get our reference process model working. We maintain a database with the open source workflow tools we know about.

5. Open Source Applications Foundation Blog
    OSAF is a non-profit organization developing next-generation inter-personal information management software. Our current projects include a desktop PIM application code-named "Chandler", a server code-named "Cosmo", and a web calendar application client for Cosmo code-named "Scooby".

6. Open source project maintanence
    ou may have heard of this announcement "it's a matter of when" .. well, that's turned into a lot of planning and meetings and discussions inside the java team. I haven't been able to post any blog entries, because my time has been consumed with those discussions and there's basically very little I can say because of the nature of those discussions. But what just came to mind is an open source project I once led .. long before the phrase "open source" had been invented. And, how I contributed to the death of that project due to mishandling its governance.
  7. Mobile Open Source
    The goal of Funambol is to create a platform that will bring mobile applications to the masses, starting with push email. Obviously, via open source. Bringing open source to the masses requires a bit of explanation. If you work in this space, I know you tried to tell your mom what you do for a living and failed. She does not understand what open source is. In my experience, the problem started with her not understanding with "source" means.

8. Succeeding with Open Source
    Most successful open source projects started out as open source. Zimbra took a different path: We cranked code for nearly two years in stealth mode before making the first public release of the Zimbra Collaboration Suite in open source in August of ?05. Since then, of course, it?s been a wild ride: Zimbra is now arguably the most popular open source technology in its category of messaging and collaboration servers. Zimbra?s success has led to inquiries from the owners of existing closed source software that are considering open source as a means to replicate that success.

9. Open  Source Architecture
    This weblog has been created as a result of the article A communism of ideas, towards an architectural open source practice. It proposes a reorganization of architectural practice in order to deal with the diminshing role of the architect in spatial planning issues. Instead of continuing the battle of egos this weblog sets out to explore new models of cooperation that can reinvent architectural practice and develop innovative spatial models at the same time.

10. Textpattern Open Source Blog-CMS
    Textpattern will fund itself through an dual license and it?s hosting services called TextDrive . This is a major movement and another step towards a mini typo3 and for all only bloggers and Moveable Type users it?s a major news at it is a good alternative for them? since the license changes announced for MT 3.0.

11. Choosing And Installing a Blog
    The other thing I wanted was to have two Blog pages. In one page, I would post my personal entries. In another page, another author would post his. The other author is not particularly technical so another important criterion when choosing the software was that it should be easy to use. A user should be able to log in and post a new message without getting lost in the user interface and without any likelihood that he might make a catastrophic error and corrupt the entire database.