DESCRIPTION OF THE TEST
The goal of th,
March 5, 2007 at 5:59 PM
DESCRIPTION OF THE TEST PURPOSE: The goal of this exercise is to develop a JAVA version of Puyo-Puyo, a variation of the Tetris game.
We are interested in seeing your code writing skills, style and logic. Don't hesitate to comment on your code in order to make it as clear as possible.
Please do not browse the web (or any other source of information) to find the code of this program already developed.
Anyway feel free to browse the web to find a playable version of the game for reference.
Purpose of this exercise is to assess the skills and game play implementation ability.
RULES OF GAME: · Spheres come down from the top of the game board in pairs. A player can rotate them on their way down.
· Spheres come in 4 different colors: red, blue, green, and yellow
· Linking four spheres of the same color (horizontally, vertically or both(as in tetris)) removes them from the game board, allowing any sphere remaining to drop and fill the vacated space. · This may lead to several possible "chain combos" if additional colors match.
· The game board can be any size you want (we recommend 6x12)
· Note that the pair of spheres are not linked to each other. If one sphere is blocked because there is something underneath, the other one will continue falling (with no player control over it) until it reaches something.
· The Zip Files Contain: · 4 pictures of the spheres · A screenshot of the game as it should look
· As stated before, feel free to browse the web to find a playable version of the game for reference if some rules are unclear.
- Please submit a java console application that will open a window and start the game. - You may attach a separate text file that documents player controls and any other comments (as gameplay improvements, bugs not corrected, any comment that will help evaluate your submission...)
IMPORTANT: - JAVA only - Java console application (not an applet)