Java Beginners Hello_world

31 comments so far (post your own) View All Comments Latest 10 Comments:

lesson is not completed. Save your Java file in the desktop. Now open the command prompt and type following commands..

cd desktop

path (give your jdk javac.exe directory path name, EX-C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_21\bin)

javac HelloWorld.java

java HelloWorld

Posted by MihiCherub on Thursday, 09.2.10 @ 16:15pm | #99327

If you could, I am so lost on a java assignment for school that I have to do, can you offer assistance on creating the code for the below assignment:

A teacher at a local elementary school has asked your company to create a program to perform a computation using a number input by the user. The user may choose to square, cube, double, or halve the number. The result should be output to the screen. After the result is displayed, the program should prompt the user to enter another number and select another computation or exit the program. Remember: The square of a number is the number multiplied by itself (2 squared is 2 * 2). The cube of a number is the number multiplied by itself 3 times (3 cubed is 3 * 3 * 3). Double the number is the number multiplied by 2. Half the number is the number divided by 2. Your solution must include case logic and looping logic. Your solution must include 5 parts in addition to the coded solution

Posted by Angela Royal on Wednesday, 08.25.10 @ 20:26pm | #99159

i am ananthan.studying 5thsem IT
...I NEED IDEA FOR MY PROJECT

Posted by s.p.ananthan on Thursday, 08.5.10 @ 02:01am | #98699

i am a 6th sem ITstudent.i have a project.i want full details of any one project.

Posted by s.p.ananthan on Thursday, 08.5.10 @ 01:45am | #98698

Hi, I'm beginner to java ... i am using jdk1.6 .. i don't where i should save my .java source file ..can u pls tell.. reply me and help me to learn

Thanking you,
ChozhaVenthan.K

Posted by ChozhaVenthan.K on Monday, 07.26.10 @ 14:17pm | #98441

Hi, i'm beginer to java... in the above program i have compiled it with "javac helloworld.java" cmd .. but it shows errors in line 1 ({ expected) and in line 2 (identifier expected)... pls anyone rectify it ....

Thanking you,
ChozhaVenthan.K

Posted by ChozhaVenthan.K on Monday, 07.26.10 @ 14:05pm | #98439

put the following line in your
c:\autoexec.bat

set path=c:\jdk1.6.0_20\bin\

Note* - The path maybe different.

Posted by debugger on Sunday, 05.2.10 @ 20:16pm | #96764

i am student of doeacc society and prsuing A level from there, i have project on simple banking in c++ but no documentation please provide some information on my project.My project include a/c creation,check a/c,deposit,and withdraw functions.

Posted by archana on Sunday, 01.31.10 @ 09:41am | #94470

hello,
I am a student of 3rd sem. in cse dept. i can't compile or run jdk1.6 in other folder. please help me.

Posted by Bishwajit Barua on Tuesday, 01.26.10 @ 08:51am | #94323

i have the same problem as Jan Pretorious,someone out there has to know why this is happening

Posted by ntobeko zuma on Thursday, 01.7.10 @ 19:06pm | #93866

As per ur Instruction I downloded the SDK 6 and give the javac in the command prompt and saw the same java(option)(source file). But when i type to see the hello world exactly what u type but i cant get hello world. I given the command edit HelloWorld in the bin command prompt, blue screen came and write the command what u written in this tutoril save and exit. when i type javac HelloWorld.java nad hit the enter button it show ( javac: file not found: HelloWorld.java (next line) usage: javac<option> <source files> (next line) use -help for a list of possible options

Please help me how can i run the programe.
I will be very great full

Regards & Thanks

Posted by B Behera on Wednesday, 10.14.09 @ 21:51pm | #91764

Sir,

I my system Java was installed completely while compiling the java file was not found by the compiler what is the reason

Posted by E.SundarRajan on Thursday, 10.1.09 @ 16:25pm | #91360

dat,s good but make more defined plz &add concepts of applet & multi threading

Posted by satyam sachan on Tuesday, 09.29.09 @ 20:39pm | #91303

i am bignner in java programming.
i fee this is very good for bignner.

Posted by vinaykumar on Tuesday, 09.15.09 @ 04:47am | #90916

hi

when I am putting in the C:\javatutorial\example>javac HelloWorld.java in the command prompt I am getting the reply like 'javac' is not reconized as a internal or external command..
please help me how to do the program

Posted by soujanya on Tuesday, 06.23.09 @ 15:28pm | #88740

please send me the procedure to install the c,c++ & java on vista operating system

Posted by khaleel on Sunday, 06.21.09 @ 17:36pm | #88669

I have to call a java method from a jsp page on click of 'Submit'. But m sure hw to do it.
I have created a simple JSP page that uploads the file and on 'Submit' it should call the Java method which updates the db with file details. I have created the Java method for that, but am not sure how to call that method on clicking Submit button.
Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Abhinav on Friday, 06.12.09 @ 10:49am | #88436

hey guys i just started learning java on my own. my teacher gave me also the netbeans 3.6 which is a very good ide and u dont ave to use java directly...u know what i mean. download it and u will ave no problems...hope this helps

Posted by azazazaz on Wednesday, 02.25.09 @ 12:10pm | #85215

I have dowmload and Installed JDK1.6.0_11
when I am putting in the C:\javatutorial\example>javac HelloWorld.java in the command prompt I am getting the follwing reply is not reconized as a internal or external command please help.

Posted by Jan Pretorius on Friday, 12.19.08 @ 02:04am | #82958

hi, i am learning java.
C & C++ has a software (compiler) which vwe can execute. but in case of java id this the only option to execute ie to run in commend prompt. dont v have software where v can write the programm n execute.

Posted by naveen on Monday, 10.13.08 @ 23:34pm | #81058

i dont understand how to run the program in vista's command promt

Posted by a beginner on Saturday, 10.11.08 @ 03:08am | #81005

hi, i too new to java- i just run the hello world program, no output it comes back to command prompt! ---- any idea why? plz help

Posted by shashi on Tuesday, 08.5.08 @ 19:22pm | #71143

Iam a biginner to java i think this is helping me a lot to understand the basic concepts of jave, could you please let me know what i should do as a bignner.

Posted by jaipal on Saturday, 01.19.08 @ 05:52am | #45553

i m a beginner to java and want to learn more thru tutorials.do send me.at the given mail i.d.daily.

Posted by minakshi on Wednesday, 01.16.08 @ 13:09pm | #45335

Posted by kiran on Sunday, 09.30.07 @ 19:33pm | #30508

Really nice tutorial

Posted by Sojan Chandy Therakom on Friday, 03.30.07 @ 12:52pm | #12978

this program is good

Posted by krishnakartheek on Tuesday, 03.6.07 @ 10:13am | #10806

I am beginner to java, please gives me more help to run my program dan more information for this program

Posted by honey on Monday, 02.26.07 @ 06:38am | #9609

i am an undergraduate in computer science and have learnt c++ but i fancy java and want to know more about it.

Posted by patrice on Thursday, 02.8.07 @ 18:25pm | #6814

Posted by pooja on Friday, 01.26.07 @ 08:13am | #4382

i am beginer to java and tis tutorial gives me so much help to run my first program. thanks

Posted by jiten on Monday, 01.15.07 @ 16:01pm | #3533