Flex released its new version Flex 4 with huge changes in its architecture. Along with this new release, adobe also released new flex application builder tool named ?Flash Builder? which was formerly known as ?Flex Builder?.
New version of flex emphasizes at features like:
Flex 4 features:
Flex 4 delivers wide variety of new and enhanced features. Here is a list of some important features.
1. New flex 4 components are spark based which are built on top of the existing flex 3 halo components
2. Spark and Halo components can be used together
3. Use of FXG (Adobe Flash XML Graphics) to create shapes like eclipse, rectangle etc.
4. Enhanced States Syntax
5. ASDoc to generate documentation for MXML components
6. Two-way Data Binding
7. New Effects for Components and Graphics
8. Support for 3D effects
9. Support for CSS namespaces
10. Virtualized Layouts and DataGroups
11. Support for Vector to restrict to a single type
12. RSL linking by default to reduce the application size rather than static linking
13. StyleManager for every module
14. Support for FTE and TLF text providing new style text
15. Support for MXML Graphics runtime layout modifications
16. Validation of styles against the theme
17. Support for layout mirroring for languages that are written from right to left instead of left to right
List of spark components available in Flex 4
If you are facing any programming issue, such as compilation errors or not able to find the code you are looking for.
Ask your questions, our development team will try to give answers to your questions.