There are five categories of spark effects which are
1. Property Effects: These effects are used for change of one or more properties of the component such as width, height, color and alpha. The effects are Animate, Fade, Resize and AnimateColor.
2. Transform Effects: These effects are used for change of one or more transform related properties of the component such as scale, position and rotation. The effects are Move, Scale, and Rotate.
3. Pixel-shader Effects: This effect is used for change from one bitmap image to another.
4. Filter Effects: This effect applies a filter to the target where the effect modifies the properties of the filter, not properties of the target.
5. 3D Effects: This effect is used for 3D transform properties of the component.