MaxQ records you using a web site. It turns the links you click on and any
other input into a Python script that you can play back at any time. You might
use it to:
- Check that your web site still works (regression test).
- Check that your web site is producing valid HTML (using JTidy).
- Automatically extract information from, or take some action on, someones
else web site.
Key Benefits and Features
- Free and open source (see the license).
- Scripts are written in Jython, an
implementation of Python. Python
scripts are easy to understand, modify and extend.
- Works from the command line so you can run scripts unattended.
- Understands cookies.
- Written in Java so it runs anywhere.
- Easy to enhance because the source code is simple.
- Scripts can run as JUnit tests.
- Works behind proxy servers.
- Simplicity. MaxQ should be easy to understand and use, provided the user
has a basic understanding of programming concepts. The tool should operate
under the principle of least surprise.
- Practicality. QA engineers must actually be able to use the tool to test
real web sites.