- Bodington is a free virtual learning environment supporting teaching and learning across the entire range of learning institutions in the UK and worldwide, e.g. the Universities of Leeds, Oxford, Manchester; UHI Millennium Institute, Eton College, Yorkshire Coast College and St Andrews College Singapore.
Bodington enables users to upload lecture notes, host discussion fora, publish and manage external links, create interactive resources, e.g. customised logbooks, peer-reviewed reflective diaries/e-portfolios (for PDP), multiple choice tests (QTI), short-answer papers and online surveys. Students can also port work into secure pigeon-holes for marking.
- eConf is an open source e-learning software, written in Java. It allows to easily record web sessions and has been used to record multiple computer science courses. eConf is an add-on to an HTTP proxy that is able to capture the web pages shown during the session and the voice of the presenter. The audio and the web pages are then synchronized to allow the students to listen to the recorded course. The current release of eConf is built on top of the W3Cs Jigsaw proxy but any other proxy may be used.
- This software is designed to provide the framework for creating a web site for online instruction, including student registration, authentication, content creation, quizzes, exams, homework graders, report uploads, instructor gradebook, class calendar, and online help. Eledge does not provide knowledge content; we only provide a convenient, flexible way for instructors to make their course materials accessible to students over the Internet.
- Javanti is an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for interactive presentations and eLearning applications. It allows you to easily create virtual, interactive slides for your presentation, lecture or training session.
Javanti slides can contain static and dynamic elements, from simple text to complex simulations and experiments.
- OLAT is a web-based Open Source Learning Management System (LMS) / Learning Content Management System (LCMS) used in the public sector of Switzerland. The initial development started at the University of Zuerich, Switzerland where it is deployed on the main OLAT server. OLAT is open source and completely free of charge. Official support for OLAT is available at the Multimedia & e-Learning Center for Swiss university members.
- OLMS stand for Open Learning Management System.it is a open source software.
- Open uss concept is based on the Asp(Application service provider)model,which means that one or more oganizations(universities,schools,Communities and companies)can be handled within one instance of OpenUSS. OpenUSS gives users the flexibility to use their choosen application-the so called multi-channel information delivery-to access the openUSS instance internet pc,personal Digital Assistants and mobile phones are some example to mention.
- Sakai is a set of software tools designed to help instructors, researchers, and students create websites for collaboration. Using a web browser, users choose from a set of features to create a site that meets their needs.
Here are some examples of websites possible to create using Sakai software:
* A project director can create a website to make announcements and share resources, such as documents or links to other resources on the web.
* An instructor can create a website that serves as an online discussion board for students to collaborate on an assignment
* A student can create a class website to work on and submit assignments electronically
- TextWeaver is an open source product, distributed free for testing and evaluation. This site has been opened as a contact point for all those interested in participating in the creation of a new generation of online discussion software.