- c3p0 is an easy-to-use library for augmenting traditional (DriverManager-based) JDBC drivers with JNDI-bindable DataSources, including DataSources that implement Connection and Statement Pooling, as described by the jdbc3 spec and jdbc2 std extension.
Development Status: 4 - Beta
Intended Audience: Developers
License: GNU Library or Lesser General Public License (LGPL)
Programming Language: Java
Db Connection Broker
- DbConnectionBroker is a pure Java package for handling multiple concurrent database connections. DbConnectionBroker creates a broker with a very simple interface for handing out and returning database connections from a configurable pool of connections. The Broker creates a dynamic pool of connections and manages them for you with a background housekeeping thread.
The Connection Broker completely avoids the overhead required in establishing a new database connection (typically around 1 to 2 seconds) by reusing a collection of pre-established connections. This profoundly improves the performance for database-intensive applications where HTML pages/forms are either stored directly in a database or created on-the-fly from data or procedures stored in a database.
- A Java-based database connection pooling utility, which supports time-based expiry and statement caching, connection validation, and easy configuration using a pool manager. Also included is a generic object pool which can be extended to create your own pools of custom types
- DDConnectionBroker is a simple, light database connection-pooling tool for Java developers.
When the DDConnectionBroker is first constructed, minConnections will be established in the connection pool.
- The commons-dbcp package relies on code in the commons-pool package to provide the underlying object pool mechanisms that it utilizes.
Applications can use the commons-dbcp component directly or through the existing interface of their container / supporting framework. For example the Tomcat servlet container presents a DBCP DataSource as a JNDI Datasource. James (Java Apache Mail Enterprise Server) has integrated DBCP into the Avalon framework.
- Proxool is a Java connection pool.
Transparency: Transparently adds connection pooling to your existing JDBC driver.
Open Source: Our licence allows you flexibility to use it in both commerical and other open source products.
Standards: Complies with the J2SE API, giving you the confidence to develop to standards.
Control: You can monitor the performance of your database connections and listen to connection events
Ease of use: It is easy to configure using the JDBC API, XML, or Java property files - you decide.