- Chat Everywhere gives you the possibility to easily put a real-time discussion forum on your website. It allows extended (Irc-like) commands, several levels of hierarchy and an easy to modify configuration file.
The goal of this project is to provide webmasters with a simple to use, but very configurable, chat zone on their site. The requirements on the client side are as low as a java enabled browser (most of them are). The server is very light (coded in standard, portable C), and can run on very small servers. It does not require admin (root) rights.
It features :
various channel-management functions (kick, ban, etc...)
hierarchy levels (from 0 to 9)
password nick protection
simple config file (a la Apache)
easy integrated java applet with a configurable look
support for remote server (signed applet)
and... it is free and under GPL.
FreeCS (the free chat server)
- FreeCS is a free chatserver (WebChat) written in Java. But even better: It is OpenSource.
This means, that everybody may contribute her/his own codesnippets and improvements or just implement special things for their own benefits.
(No java-applets are needed, making it compatible with every client, which is able to to show HTML-Files)
- GujChat is a new Chat System capable of managing multiple chat servers, each one serving different rooms and options for its users.
One single installation delivers webmasters different templates, rooms, languages and configurations, which means that GujChat stands for a system developed for:
webmasters looking for a chat room or server;
service providers willing to offer chat servers to their clients;
companies looking for a free chat server to be used in online meetings;
companies looking for an easy to install chat server for interviews.
- LlamaChat is designed to provide an open source, chat server/client pair for use on the web. It is written in java and supports many advanced chat functionality including secure connections, emoticons, administrative class users, and more.
- OpenCHAT is a 100% HTTP and HTML based chat server written in Java. It has it own stand alone HTTP server integrated and does not need any Applet or special software on client side to run on, but only a frames enabled web browser.