- blog was a concept I came up with after working on a project for a client and it seemed like other people needed the same software. Instead of the ever-increasingly long series of one dimensional postings that form most web journals, blog divides the journal up into topics (called threads) and postings (called entries). blog groups topics, sub-topics and posted messages in a way that allows an intellegent browsing mechanism. blog would also work very well as a categorized FAQ or press release archive.
Community based blogging software
Uncomplex easy one minute installation routine
Easily deployable on any j2ee compliant application- and web servers
Provides support for 16 well known database-engines
Offers freely configurable number of individual/communtiy blogs per user
Simple but powerful editing of blog-articles using wiki-syntax
Flexible theme editing separate for each blog
Simple user management and blog administration via web interface
Freely configurable search engine
- blojsom comes with a number of plugins that extend the capabilities of blojsom. There is also a set of plugins for web administration so that you can manage your blojsom installation from your browser. We have also collected a number of external contributions from users.
Although blojsom allows you to edit your blog from the web, you can also edit your blog using a blog client. blojsom supports XML-RPC with handlers for the Blogger API, MetaWeblog API, and parts of the MovableType API. It also has support for the emerging Atom format and API.
- JSP Blog was created due to the fact that I could not find an Open Sourced JSP weblog. I found plenty in PHP, however none in JSP.
This project was initially conceived by Anthony Ehrhardt. I am a professional UNIX Engineer with 12 years of experience with UNIX and 6 years of Linux. Linux is my OS of choice.
- MapleBlog is a simple MVC Struts 1.1-based Web log that uses Hibernate as its model layer and Tiles/JSP for its View.
- Pebble is a lightweight, open source, blogger that is written as a web application to run inside J2EE web containers using standards-based technologies such as JSP, servlets, filters, JSP custom tags, JSTL and JAXP. Running as a web application in any JSP 1.2/Servlet 2.3 compatible web container, Pebble maintains blog entries as XML files and serves up blog content dynamically. All maintenance of blog entries, blog properties, themes and so on is performed through your web browser, negating the need to telnet/ssh to the host and making Pebble ideal for anybody who is constantly on the move, or accesses the Internet through a firewall/proxy server.
- SnipSnap is a free and easy to install weblog and wiki tool written in Java.
SnipSnap is a Weblog and Wiki tool and a research project of the department of software technology at FIRST.
The Roller Weblogger
- A weblog, also known as a blog, is a public diary where you write things that you want to share with others, comment on items of interest to you, and link to recent reading on the web and other weblogs.
The Roller Weblogger is weblogging software, designed to be installed on a server and used by multiple weblog authors. Roller is open source software and is written in Java.