MySQL - SQL (Structured Query Language) is database server under GPL licence. It is world's most popular open source database server.
MySQL - SQL (Structured Query Language) is database server under GPL licence. It
is world's most popular open source database server. Its architectural design
makes it extremely fast and easy to customized database. MySQL is a key part of LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP / Perl / Python),
which is fast growing open source enterprise software stack. The use of LAMP is
increasing very fast due to its reliability and zero cost factor.
MySQL is available in two editions:
- MySQL Community Edition MySQL Community
Edition is the freely downloadable version of the world's most popular open source database.
Community Edition is supported by a huge and active community of open source developers and
users around the world. MySQL Community Edition is available under GPL License,
which includes all features necessary for its use in development and
- MySQL Network Edition: MySQL Network is available for users who want access
our world-class support services, Knowledge Base and certified software. This subscription service is designed to save developers and DBAs time and effort.
* Enterprise-grade support to help solve the toughest issues
* Online automated software advisors to keep your servers up to date
* Certified MySQL Software that saves time and eliminates guesswork
* Comprehensive KnowledgeBase of best practices technical articles
* Is a set of software and proactive services designed to save time and effort
* Helps eliminate problems before they occur
* Includes enterprise-grade software, support and services you need to develop & deploy business-critical applications
* Gives you immediate access to our Knowledge Base of hundreds of technical articles
* Includes MySQL 5.0 certified software when it becomes available
* Comes directly from the developers of MySQL
You can download the latest version of MySQL from http://www.mysql.com.
- MySQL 5.0 is
MySQL 5.0 introduces a new ?greedy? optimizer which can greatly reduce the time required to arrive at a query execution plan.