Zenwalk core 2.1 is released! The new version of Zenwalk core includes the following improvements: based on Linux kernel version 22.214.171.124 with Reiser4 support; SGI XFS support was added; Pcmciautils replaces Pcmcia-cs; video detection tool 'videoconfig' was improved and should auto-detect nearly 100% of video card drivers and monitor frequencies; network configuration tool 'networkconfig' now handles wireless settings; glibc is upgraded to version 2.3.6, GCC to version 3.4.5; Netpkg now has full dependency support.
Some improvements are included in the new
version of Zenwalk core, that is given below.
- Zenwalk core 2.1 is based on the Linux kernel version 126.96.36.199, with Reiser4 support as usual,
- SGI XFS support was added, so now Zenwalk supports EXT2, EXT3, Reiser3, Reiser4, and XFS from setup stage.
- Pcmciautils replaces Pcmcia-cs , so that pcmcia devices or now detected by the hotplug subsystem, as well as USB and PCI devices,
- The video detection tool "videoconfig" was improved. It implements 3 different probing subsystems (Discover, Xorg dcc, Read-edid) and should auto-detect nearly 100% of video card drivers and monitor frequencies.
- The network configuration tool "networkconfig" now handles Wireless settings.
- glibc is ugraded to version 2.3.6, GCC to version 3.4.5
- Netpkg now has full dependency support , so it should be easy even for Linux beginners to build their perfect desktop from Zenwalk-core,
- New server packages includes Mysql (5.0.18) Imapd (2004g) Postfix (2.2.7) Apache (2.2.0) Php (5.1.1).
A full list of updates for both Zenwalk-core (a, ap, n, d, l package categories), the full Zenwalk (that also includes x and xap), and of course kde and extra categories can be found on the changelog (http://www.zenwalk.org/staticpages/index.php?page=20050508214152455).
Recommend the tutorial
Ask Questions? Discuss: The development Zenwalk Linux 2.1 (Core) release
Post your Comment