The development Zenwalk
Linux 2.1 (Core) released
Zenwalk core 2.1 is
released! The new version of Zenwalk core includes the following improvements:
based on Linux kernel version 188.8.131.52 with Reiser4 support; SGI XFS support was
added; Pcmciautils replaces Pcmcia-cs; video detection tool 'videoconfig' was
improved and should auto-detect nearly 100% of video card drivers and monitor
frequencies; network configuration tool 'networkconfig' now handles wireless
settings; glibc is upgraded to version 2.3.6, GCC to version 3.4.5; Netpkg now
has full dependency support.
Some improvements are included in the new
version of Zenwalk core, that is given below.
- Zenwalk core 2.1 is based on the Linux kernel version 184.108.40.206, with Reiser4
support as usual,
- SGI XFS support was added, so now Zenwalk supports EXT2, EXT3, Reiser3,
Reiser4, and XFS from setup stage.
- Pcmciautils replaces Pcmcia-cs , so that pcmcia devices or now detected by the
hotplug subsystem, as well as USB and PCI devices,
- The video detection tool "videoconfig" was improved. It implements 3
different probing subsystems (Discover, Xorg dcc, Read-edid) and should
auto-detect nearly 100% of video card drivers and monitor frequencies.
- The network configuration tool "networkconfig" now handles Wireless
- glibc is ugraded to version 2.3.6, GCC to version 3.4.5
- Netpkg now has full dependency support , so it should be easy even for Linux
beginners to build their perfect desktop from Zenwalk-core,
- New server packages includes Mysql (5.0.18) Imapd (2004g) Postfix (2.2.7)
Apache (2.2.0) Php (5.1.1).
A full list of updates for both Zenwalk-core (a, ap, n, d, l package
categories), the full Zenwalk (that also includes x and xap), and of course kde
and extra categories can be found on the changelog (http://www.zenwalk.org/staticpages/index.php?page=20050508214152455).