Zenwalk core 2.1 is released! The new version of Zenwalk core includes the following improvements: based on Linux kernel version 220.127.116.11 with Reiser4 support; SGI XFS support was added; Pcmciautils replaces Pcmcia-cs; video detection tool 'videoconfig' was improved and should auto-detect nearly 100% of video card drivers and monitor frequencies; network configuration tool 'networkconfig' now handles wireless settings; glibc is upgraded to version 2.3.6, GCC to version 3.4.5; Netpkg now has full dependency support.
Some improvements are included in the new
version of Zenwalk core, that is given below.
- Zenwalk core 2.1 is based on the Linux kernel version 18.104.22.168, with Reiser4 support as usual,
- SGI XFS support was added, so now Zenwalk supports EXT2, EXT3, Reiser3, Reiser4, and XFS from setup stage.
- Pcmciautils replaces Pcmcia-cs , so that pcmcia devices or now detected by the hotplug subsystem, as well as USB and PCI devices,
- The video detection tool "videoconfig" was improved. It implements 3 different probing subsystems (Discover, Xorg dcc, Read-edid) and should auto-detect nearly 100% of video card drivers and monitor frequencies.
- The network configuration tool "networkconfig" now handles Wireless settings.
- glibc is ugraded to version 2.3.6, GCC to version 3.4.5
- Netpkg now has full dependency support , so it should be easy even for Linux beginners to build their perfect desktop from Zenwalk-core,
- New server packages includes Mysql (5.0.18) Imapd (2004g) Postfix (2.2.7) Apache (2.2.0) Php (5.1.1).
A full list of updates for both Zenwalk-core (a, ap, n, d, l package categories), the full Zenwalk (that also includes x and xap), and of course kde and extra categories can be found on the changelog (http://www.zenwalk.org/staticpages/index.php?page=20050508214152455).
Ask Questions? Discuss: The development Zenwalk Linux 2.1 (Core) release
Post your Comment
If you are facing any programming issue, such as compilation errors or not able to find the code you are looking for.
Ask your questions, our development team will try to give answers to your questions.