SUSE Linux 10.1 Codename 'Agama Lizard' Beta2 is ready for testing. Among many updates and enhancements, here the most important ones since beta2: fixes for a number of bugs - but note that most of the bugs reported against beta1 are not fixed yet; further integration and fixing of NetworkManager; SUSE Linux 10.1 Beta1 comes with the Intrusion Prevention framework; AppArmor 2.0 which is started by default in Beta2; update to KDE 3.5.1 release packages; subfs has been dropped.
For now let me just point out the following issues:
* KDE's media handling does not work (my computer shows
informations and inserting new media does not open a query
dialog). Workaround: After installation remove
/opt/kde3/share/services/kded/networkstatus.desktop before you log
* If X applications start very slow, update the the
that are available from
Created within the openSUSE project, SUSE Linux 10.1 is
individuals looking to work with latest open source technologies -- a
stabilized Linux operating system, solutions for desktop productivity,
application development, web hosting, security and more completely
integrated to make the world's most usable Linux. SUSE Linux 10.1
supports the Intel and AMD x86 and x86-64 platforms as well as the
The distribution comes with 5 CDs. You need:
- Only CD1 for a minimal text installation in English
- CDs 1-3 for a default KDE or GNOME installation in German or English
- All CDs for other selections
SUSE Linux 10.1 offers a comprehensive selection of
software for a variety to task from, email, Internet, development,
productivity, Security, server, graphics and more. Among many updates
and enhancements here the most important ones since beta2:
* Fixes for a number of bugs - but note that most of
the bugs reported
against beta1 are not fixed yet.
* Further integration and fixing of NetworkManager.
* SUSE Linux 10.1 Beta1 comes with the Intrusion
AppArmor 2.0 which is started by default in Beta2.
* Update to KDE 3.5.1 release packages.
* Subfs has been dropped.
Recommend the tutorial