RR64 Linux 3.0b1 (Xgl Beauty). RR64 Linux is the world's most complete GNU/Linux distribution based on Gentoo unstable. Features: 2.6.15 kernel with Reiser4 patches; glibc 2.3.6 optimized for AMD64; GCC 4.0.2 performance level; Xgl and Compiz (0.0.7 - opacity plugin included) for both GNOME and KDE (boot with 'gentoo xgl' or 'smp xgl'); latest proprietary drivers from ATI (8.22.5) and NVIDIA (8178); X.Org 7.0 with every input and video driver included; KDE 3.5.1, GNOME 2.12.3, XFce 4.2.3, Fluxbox 0.9.14; 32-bit Java and Firefox available out of the box; complete multimedia and DVD support....
About the RR64 Linux
lxnay dEsigN is the home of Gentoo based RR4 and RR64 Linux. Gentoo is "a special flavor of Linux that can be automatically optimized and customized for just about any application or need. Extreme configurability, performance and a top-notch user and developer community are all hallmarks of the Gentoo experience" (from Gentoo GNU/Linux website).
So, what's the difference between RR4/RR64 Linux and Gentoo GNU/Linux? Nothing, they are 100% the same thing except that, with RR4/RR64 you have a powerful, big, amazing, cutting edge, 5-clicks-away-O-matic installable LiveDVD.
In fact, the standard Gentoo installation and tuning processes, could take many hours or even days on slowest Computers. So, jump into the world of RR4 and RR64 Linux without losing your love for Gentoo GNU/Linux. Isn't that a powerful freedom? Write Comment (6 Comments).
Some more information about the RR64 Linux and Feature
RR64 Linux is the World's most complete GNU/Linux distribution based on Gentoo unstable. Flexibility, Beauty, Stability and Extreme Performance are all hallmarks of the RR64 experience. Welcome to a new dimension...
1. 2.6.15 Kernel (gentoo-sources-2.6.15-r7 with Reiser4 patches)
2. Glibc 2.3.6 optimized for AMD64 using these patches )
3. GCC 4.0.2 performance level (everything recompiled)
4. XGL and Compiz (0.0.7 - opacity plugin included) for both GNOME and KDE (boot with "gentoo xgl" or "smp xgl")
5. Latest Proprietary drivers from ATi (8.22.5) and nVIDIA (8178)
6. X.Org 7.0.1 with every input and video driver included
7. KDE 3.5.1 - GNOME 2.12.3 - XFCE 4.2.3 - Fluxbox 0.9.14
8. Optimized Fontconfig (2.3.94) for better KDE performance
9. Gstreamer 0.10
10. amaroK 1.4 beta 2
11. Kuroo 0.80_rc2 as the default Package Manager
12. NX Server and NX Client included
13. VMWARE Server support
14. A lot of bug fixes (thanks to users' feedback)
15. 32bit Java and Firefox available out of the box
16. Complete Multimedia support and DVD support
17. XsistenCe mode (External USB storage device + RR64 = your data and settings everywhere)
Click here to Download http://www.lxnaydesign.net/index.php
Recommend the tutorial