We are pleased to announce the latest NST release: v1.4.0. This release is based on Fedora Core 4 using the Linux Kernel 2.6.15. Many new NST features and capabilities have been included with this distribution: time management - NTP, hardware clock and system clock management; network packet capture - an enhanced NST web-based front-end to the Tethereal network protocol analyzer; network packet capture manager - provides a means to manage network packet capture files on a NST probe; an enhanced NST web-based file system mounting page...
This bootable ISO live CD is based on Fedora Core 4. The toolkit was designed to provide easy access to best-of-breed Open Source Network Security Applications and should run on most x86 platforms.
The main intent of developing this toolkit was to provide the network security administrator with a comprehensive set of Open Source Network Security Tools. The majority of tools published in the article: Top 75 Security Tools by insecure.org are available in the toolkit.
What we find rather fascinating with NST is that we can transform most x86 systems (Pentium II and above) into a system designed for network traffic analysis, intrusion detection, network packet generation, wireless network monitoring, a virtual system service server, or a sophisticated network/host scanner. This can all be done without disturbing or modifying any underlying sub-system disk. NST can be up and running on a typical x86 notebook in less than a minute by just rebooting with the NST ISO CD. The notebook's hard disk will not be altered in any way.
NST also makes an excellent tool to help one with all sorts of crash recovery troubleshooting scenarios and situations.
We are pleased to announce the latest NST release: v1.4.0. This release is based on Fedora Core 4 using the Linux Kernel: 2.6.15-1.1831_FC4 or 2.6.15-1.1831_FC4smp. Many new NST WUI features and capabilities have been included with this distribution:
1. Time Management - NTP, hardware clock and system clock management.
2. Network Packet Capture - An enhanced NST WUI web-based front-end to the tethereal network protocol anaylzer.
3. Network Packet Capture Manager - Provides a means to manage network packet capture files on a NST probe.
4. An enhanced NST WUI web-based file system mounting page.
5. PDF rendering for most output including network packet capture decoding.
6. Enhanced directory and file viewing pages with auto refresh.
7. Introduced browser session saving for many NST WUI pages.
8. Add a simpilfied front-end to the NST WUI for beginner users.
9. Network Monitoring - integrated the Nagios networking tool into the NST WUI.
10 Better navigation and flow when using the NST WUI pages.
Click on this link to Download http://www.networksecuritytoolkit.org/
Recommend the tutorial
Ask Questions? Discuss: Network Security Toolkit 1.4.0 is available is now
Post your Comment