Grafpup Standard 1.0.2 is officially released and available on the server. There is an extensive list of changes and upgrades in this release: GIMP has been updated to 2.2.10, with extra plugins for RAW decoding and CMYK conversion; Inkscape is updated to 0.43; Scribus is now 1.2.4; MtPaint is now 2.29.30; Gaim is now 1.5.0; Xarchive replaces guiTAR; Xlock screen locker; Visual improvements including new wallpaper, splash screen, icons, menu improvements, less desktop clutter; other tweaks i.e. Opera now uses ROX as the default file handler....
Grafpup Linux is a desktop Linux operating system based closely on Puppy Linux. Its goal is to be as useful to graphic designers and other imaging professionals as possible while still remaining extremely small and fast. Grafpup is a live CD of only 75MB with current versions of GIMP, Cinepaint, Inkscape, and Scribus. Grafpup is also very user-friendly, with wizards for doing most system tasks like connecting to the internet and installing to hard disk or USB drive. There is also a powerful package management system, "pupget", with a very extensive and ever increasing list of additional packages available for easy installation.
Grafpup Linux is a desktop operating system with a focus on providing a complete and stable workflow for digital imaging professionals and graphic artists in a very compact package. It runs quite well as a live cd but with persistent storage for your data and a nice package management system for addon software. Packages can even be installed when running the OS from the live cd and will remain there when you reboot. It can also install quite easily to a usb thumbdrive or your hard disk and runs equally well. I've based it on the structure of Puppy Linux which is an amazing distribution created from scratch by Barry Kauler. The total size of the live cd is right around 75mb and the whole of the operating system loads into ram for amazing performance.
Here is a short list of the applications you will find in Grafpup.
1. Gimp-2.2.10 is the premier image editor for the Linux platform and a centerpiece of GNU software.
2. Inkscape-0.43 is one of the best Vector drawing programs available for any platform.
3. Scribus-1.2.4 is a complete desktop publishing solution.
4. Cinepaint-0.20-1 is another image editor that complements Gimp nicely by including 16-bit support for high end digital photography and imaging.
5. Bluefish-1.04 is a powerful web development tool that can be used to quickly generate html, php, perl, and other code. While it is not a wysiwyg
editor it's features are more powerful than any application that is.
6. Icewm-1.2.23 is a small and light window manager with all of the functionality you are ever likely to need.
7. Opera-8.5 is one of the best browsers in the world. It is a perfect blend of small size and functionality. Opera is also the default email program in
Grafpup with a slick email client integrated right into the browser.
8. Gxine media player for movies and music. DVD playback works great out of the box in Grafpup.
9. Ted word processor is a small and light rich text word processor.
There is an extensive list of changes/upgrades.
1. Gimp has been updated to 2.2.10, with extra plugins for RAW decoding and CMYK conversion.
2. Inkscape is updated to 0.43
3. Scribus is now 1.2.4
4. MtPaint is now 2.29.30 (development release)
5. Gaim is now 1.50
6. Xarchive replaces guiTAR
7. Xlock screen locker
8. Visual improvements including new wallpaper, splash screen, icons, menu improvements,
less desktop clutter.
9. Other tweaks ie. Opera now uses ROX as the default file handler.
10. Several core programs have been re-compiled from within Grafpup. We?re getting closer to a self
11. Added the ability to use usr_multimedia.sfs, which is currently under development.
12. Firewire support enabled.
13. Icemc menu editor.
If you are facing any programming issue, such as compilation errors or not able to find the code you are looking for.
Ask your questions, our development team will try to give answers to your questions.