I am please to announce another release of Foresight Desktop Linux. I am also quite proud to say we have reached Conary 1.0, which is included! Virtually everything is updated, too much to list. We are now derived from rPath Linux 1.0. A major update is GNOME. We are now sporting the new, shiny GNOME 2.13.91. This is the current development branch of GNOME, but quite stable. Some highlights: Conary 1.0.2, kernel 184.108.40.206; GNOME 2.13.91; NetworkManager 0.5.1; latest Banshee, Beagle and F-Spot..
About the Foresight Desktop Linux
Forsight Linux is a distribution based on Specifix Linux (and its Conary package management), which showcases the latest and greatest from the GNOME project. Some of the more innovative things are included, like beagle, howl, and the latest hal. All of this, plus some nice, clean default themes and artwork.
Foresight Desktop Linux is a GNOME based Linux distribution that showcases some of the latest bells and whistles. It currently sports GNOME 2.12 as the preferred desktop environment.
1. Beagle beagle :: Search tool that ransacks your personal information space to find whatever you're looking for.
2. f-spot fspot :: Personal photo management.
3. Avahi avahi :: Cross-platform implementation of Zeroconf networking
4. Hal hal :: Hardware abstraction layer that makes hardware just work.
5. Conary :: A new way of looking at package management.
6. Oversite :: Web based systems management.
7. GNOME-Office :: Suite of Productivity Applications.
8. Mono :: .NET implementation for Linux.
If you are facing any programming issue, such as compilation errors or not able to find the code you are looking for.
Ask your questions, our development team will try to give answers to your questions.