Linux Distribution: grml - Linux Live-CD
grml is a bootable CD (Live-CD) based on Knoppix and Debian. grml includes a collection of GNU/Linux software especially for users of texttools and system administrators. grml provides automatic hardware detection.
|Linux Release Details:
|grml 1.1 RC1 has been released
|The first release candidate of grml 1.1 is available. New features: several improved, updated and extended configuration files; new grml-scripts (arename.pl - rename audio files by looking at a file's tagging information, grml-live - build framework based on FAI for generating a grml and Debian-based live system); new boot parameters; grml2hd (install grml to harddisk); grml-terminalserver (boot grml via network); special new features (all grml ISOs are automatically generated using the new grml-live framework, Squashfs with LZMA support, X.Org 7.3, glibc 2.7)....
Fixed several bugs and and issues reported on grml_1.0 @ grml-wiki.
Several improved, updated and extended configuration files.
- arename.pl: rename audio files by looking at a file's
build framework based on FAI
for generating a grml and Debian based Linux Live system (CD/ISO)
- micvol: configure mixer/ volume settings of microphone
channel; usage: micvol=$number
- noconsolefont: skip setting console font via
- nogrmlacpi: disable acpi stuff inside grml-autoconfig
without having to boot using noacpi (which triggers kernel code actions)
- lvm: activate present Logical Volumes (LVM)
- nolvm: completely disable LVM code/checks; by default
(so without using a special bootoption) grml runs 'lvdisplay' and if
something can be found the user gets a hint to execute 'Start lvm2' to set
grml2hd (install grml to harddisk):
- use --insecure for passwordbox so user gets feedback
when typing password (it's '***' of course and not plaintext).
- check for dmraid signatures
- support installation on LVM devices. Usage example: 'LVM=/dev/mapper/grml2hd-lvm
See grml.org/grml2hd/ for more details regarding grml2hd.
grml-terminalserver (boot grml via network)
- updated initrd generation for use with live-initramfs, providing a reworked initial bootprocess
See grml.org/terminalserver/ for more details regarding grml-terminalserver.
Special new features:
- all grml ISOs are automatically generated using the
new grml-live framework
- completely reworked initial bootprocess, based on
- Squashfs with LZMA
- optimised the system to have as few wakeups as
possible (<25 wakeups/s in default startup)
- updated to X.org 7.3
- updated to libc6 2.7
- the lang=-bootoption supports dvorak keyboard layouts
(using parameters dvorak, dvorak-iso or dvorak-utf8)
Click here to download: http://www.grml.org/download/
|Back to grml - Linux Live-CD
|Back to Linux Distribution Directory
Send your comments, Suggestions or
Queries regarding this site at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2004. All rights