Linux Distribution: GeeXboX
GeeXboX is more than just a software, it's a complete Linux distribution, including dozens of software. All the programs and libraries used by the GeeXboX are protected by their respective licenses.
|Linux Release Details:
|GeeXboX 1.1 RC3 is out
|GeeXboX 1.1-rc3 released, happy testing. Major changes and enhancements have been performed since 1.1-rc2 and many bugs have been fixed. The most significant change is the MPlayer upgrade which now comes with many new options and has various decoding speed-up improvements. It is now up to you to test this new release again, which should be the last release candidate before 1.1 final. Another important addition are the new internationalization files. If you intend to translate GeeXboX into your mother tongue, it is time to do so.
|About GeeXboX 1.1 RC3
Here comes 1.1-rc3 with its ChangeLog (against 1.1-rc2 release)
1. Update Linux to v22.214.171.124
2. Update uClibc to 0.9.29
3. Upgrade BusyBox to v1.5.1
1. Upgrade to GCC 4.1.2
2. Switched from ppc to powerpc.
1. upgraded MPlayer to SVN v23418.
2. fix a hell of previous bugs/crashes in MPlayer.
3. support for 3gp, aac, vdr and dvr-ms files.
4. support for VC1 in MPEG-TS and MPEG-PS files (like HD-DVD and BlueRay ones).
5. support for EVO demuxing (HD-DVD file format).
6. new "Preferences" menu, with many new options to control audio streams,
subtitles, colors and tweak all video parameters.
7. removed libdts, libmpcdec, libogg, libvorbis and libtheora, as deprecated by
new MPlayer internal decoders/demuxers.
8. allwos loading external subtitle files.
1. Updated DirectFB to 1.0.0
2. new VIDIX drivers stack, adding support for ATI Radeons R350 (Radeon 9600) to R520 (Radeon X1900).
1. Update ALSA to v1.0.14rc4
2. Update ALSA mixer init with some settings from in Ubuntu.
1. Add Ralink RT61 and RT73 chipsets support.
2. Support for more radio cards.
3. Rework of DVB firmware loader.
4. Add support for Logitech UltraX Media remote.
1. Updated bftpd to 1.8.4.
2. Updated Samba to 3.0.25 and uses UTF-8 charset to mount shares.
3. bAllows Samba and NFS mounts to come up if the servers are brought up after geexbox boots up, by looping in the background.
1. Add autoplay support for USB devices
2. Reworked internationalization files.
Click here to download: http://www.geexbox.org/en/downloads.html
|Back to GeeXboX
|Back to Linux Distribution Directory
Send your comments, Suggestions or
Queries regarding this site at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2004. All rights