In this section we will learn about the importance of Objective C and "Why Objective C?" is used as programming language to develop applications for Mac System and iPhone.
Why we use objective c?
It has a lot of features to make a powerful and object oriented program in a easier way. Some are listed below:
1. It is a powerful language, 2. Easy-to-learn, 3. Object-oriented version of C, 4. Provide dynamic binding, 5. Run-time type identification, and persistence 6. Easy to understand code 7. Well organized language
?Objective-C language is selected for the Cocoa framework.?
It has several reasons.
1. It is an Object oriented language and functionalities provided by Cocoa framework can only be delivered by object-oriented techniques.
2. It is an extension of ANSI C so the existing C program can be use with the framework without loosing any work and user can take benefit of C language.
With this language user can select both object oriented and procedural language as per need.
3. It is simple and easy to learn because its syntax is small so it can make a proficient programmer with much less difficult.
4. It is very dynamic as compared to other languages based on C. Compiler play a very important role to preserve dealing of information about objects to be use
at the run time.
5. It is a powerful language because decisions that might be made at compile time can be postponed until the program is running.
Objective-C?s dynamism has two major benefits:
1. It supports an open dynamic binding that creates a simple architecture to interactive user interface.
2. It enables to development of sophisticated development tools. An interface to the run time system gives a facility to access the information about application at
rum time this makes possible to monitor objective-C application.
Recommend the tutorial