Afae stands for Another Freebooter's All-purpose Editor. It is a group of plugins for Eclipse that do the following:
* Syntax highlighting for many types of files.
* MetaWeblog plugin for posting to your blog
* Keystroke comments
* An image viewer and basic re-sizer for GIF, JPG, ICO, and PNG
* Snippets inserter with trigger text and variable replacement.
* A while-you-edit XML DTD and XML Schema validator
* Much more...
This is the editor I've used for most applications I've written. Afae is heavily influenced by both jEdit and Textmate - both of which are fantastic editors. Aside from Xcode, TextMate, and Aquamacs this is the only development environment / editor I use.
For more information.
If you enjoyed this post then why not add us on Google+? Add us to your Circles
Liked it! Share this Tutorial
Discuss: Afae - An All-purpose Editor for Eclipse
Post your Comment