Home Discussion Discuss: Hibernate Named Native SQL Query using XML Mapping

• Why use CDATA for SQL-Query in mapping file?swan July 12, 2013 at 3:25 AM

Hi, I've noticed in your example that the SQL query within the sql-query XML element is itself, wrapped in CDATA. Why was that done? I ask because the hibernate 3.0 DTD specifies the contents of the sql-query XML element to be PCDATA. Was this found to be the 'secret' to getting it to work? swan

Post your Comment

Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Subject (*):
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image

Related Articles
Hibernate-Tutorials

Hibernate Named Native SQL Query using XML Mapping
In this section, you will learn Named Native SQL Query using XML Mapping in Hibernate with an example 

Hibernate-Tutorials

Hibernate Named Native SQL in XML Returning Scalar
In this section, you will learn to execute Hibernate named native SQL query written in XML mapping file which return scalar values(raw values 

Hibernate-Tutorials

Hibernate Named Native SQL Query
In this section, you will learn Named Native SQL Query in Hibernate 

Hibernate Questions

Named ? SQL query in hibernate
Named ? SQL query in hibernate  What is Named SQL query in hibernate?   You can put all the HQL into the XML mapping file rather than...; </hibernate-mapping> Now you can use it as below: Query query 

Hibernate-Tutorials

Hibernate Named HQL using XML Mapping
In this section, you will learn executing Named HQL written in XML Mapping file 

Hibernate Tutorial Example

Hibernate Named Query
Hibernate Named Query       Named Query is very useful concept in hibernate. It lets you separate queries from coding section of the application to the mapping xml 

Hibernate-Tutorials

Hibernate SQL Query/Native Query
This tutorial describes Hibernate SQL Query, which is also known as Native Query 

Hibernate-Tutorials

Hibernate Native SQL Query Introduction
In this section, you will learn Hibernate Native SQL query 

Hibernate-Tutorials

Hibernate Named Native SQL in Annotation
In this section, you will learn how to execute the Named Native SQL written in Model class Annotation 

Insert Data into Database Using Hibernate Native SQL
Insert Data into Database Using Hibernate Native SQL... how you can use Native SQL with hibernate. You will learn how to use Native... native sql for inserting data into database. Hibernate Native uses only 

JSP Servlet Questions

sql/xml query in jsp - JSP-Servlet
sql/xml query in jsp  Sir I am coding in jsp and trying to retrieve xml data from db2 using sql/xml query in jsp but getting no result. When running jsp file in browser the output 

Java Technology Tutorials

JPA Named Query
query Here, we are going to define static query (Named query). Native query... JPA Named Query      ... and how to use the JPA Named Query in your JPA application. JPA Query is powerful 

Spring Framework Questions

Mapping objects in XML - Spring
Mapping objects in XML   Hello, I´ve read that you can define an object in the configuration XML as follows: tom... the object... How can I define the XML? I don´t understand the utility about 

Hibernate Questions

could not execute native bulk manipulation query
could not execute native bulk manipulation query  I am insert data in mysql through struts hibernate integration. But above error is coming. Please... public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm form 

Hibernate Native SQL Example
procedures. Hibernate allows you to run Native SQL Query for all the database...; invested amount: /*Hibernate Native Query Average Examle*/ String sql ="... Hibernate Native SQL Example      

Hibernate-Tutorials

Hibernate 4 One to Many mapping using XML
In this section, you will learn how to do one to many mapping of tables in Hibernate using Xml 

Hibernate Questions

Hibernate one to one mapping using xml
Hibernate one to one mapping using xml  Hi, How to create hibernate one to one mapping using xml? I have to create the mapping using the *.hbm.xml..., In case of one-to-one mapping for each reach in a table there is corresponding only 

Java Technology Tutorials

JPA Native Queries, JPA Native Queries Tutorials
to use native query in your JPA application.  JPA Native Queries: JPA native query executes plain SQL queries. JPA Native queries have the following properties: A native query returns either a single scalar value. Or It returns 

Hibernate-Tutorials

Hibernate One to One Mapping using XML
In this section, you will learn One to One mapping of table in Hibernate using Xml 

SQL Question

SQL Query
SQL Query  Selecting the third highest salary of Employee without using any subquery?   Here is a query: SELECT salary FROM employee ORDER BY salary DESC LIMIT 2,1 

SQL Question

Sql Query
Sql Query  Hi M Navjeet Ghai I want to know How to Show A name(Like Navjeet Ghai And Manpreet Singh Sodhi) of employees from a employee table as N.Ghai & M.S.Sodhi by using sql query 

SQL Question

SQL query
SQL query  I need to combine two tables in order to get the values. As an example we have three tables having namely usertable,job table... Userid Jobid 1 "1,2,3 2 "2,3" 3 "1,3" Now using 

Hibernate-Tutorials

Hibernate Native Scalar Query
In this section, you will learn Hibernate Native Scalar Query 

Hibernate-Tutorials

Hibernate 4 Many to Many Mapping using Xml
In this section, you will learn how to do many to many mapping of tables in Hibernate using Xml 

JSTL

Execute database query by using sql tag of JSTL SQL library
Execute database query by using sql tag of JSTL SQL library... to create application that execute sql query given by user using JSTL SQL Library. To execute query first create a data source and then execute sql query 

SQL Question

SQL query - SQL
SQL query  hi sir/Madam i am using MS Access where i have table like Fees_Struc: Amount (INT) Due_Date (Date) Fees_Pay: Paid(INT) Student_Bal: Panalty(INT) my problem is when the Due_date is equal 

XML Questions

mapping - XML
mapping  how does the web.xml works and how does the mapping done will you explain me?  Hi Friend, The web.xml file provides... can perform the servlet-mapping like the following: HelloServlet 

JSP Servlet Questions

sql/xml query in jsp - JSP-Servlet
sql/xml query in jsp  Sir Here is my code which is not working Testing JSP select id from "SYSTEM..." name:PROFILE columns:id (bigint) and INFO (xml) data stored:id=1 and info=nitin 

Hibernate-Tutorials

Hibernate Collection Mapping
;Hibernate Collection Mapping Example Using XML "); Session session... System.out.println("**********Hibernate Collection Mapping Example using Xml... : Hibernate Collection Mapping Example Using XML **********Hibernate Collection 

JDBC Questions

SQL QUERY - JDBC
SQL QUERY  I m running a query using apache tomcat the sql query is on adding an employee in the database whenever i click on add after inserting the values i am getting a java.lang.nullpointer exception 

DMCA.com