October 2007 Issue of Java Jazz up magazine

Aspect Oriented programming (AOP) decomposes a system into concerns (i.e. term referring to the core elements required to focus on), instead of objects.

1. AOP and IoC
    Aspect Oriented programming (AOP) decomposes a system into concerns (i.e. term referring to the core elements required to focus on), instead of objects.

2. Java News
    Sentilla Corp. introduced a software suite for java applications to run on low-power microprocessors embedded on devices.

3. New Releases
    Sun has released the Java Wireless Toolkit 2.5.2. The Toolkit includes build tools, utilities, and a device emulator. This WTK update provides improved support for multiuser environments and also linux binary that is supported on systems running glibc 2.3 libraries.

4. Java Developers Desk-EJB 3.0
    Migrating to EJB 3.0 is a big step towards simplifying the process of developing EJBs, which reduces lots of complexities, time and cost. In spite of being rich featured, developers feel complex working with previous versions of EJB.

5. Java ME
    A Mobile Gaming is the best medium of entertainment in the real life because mobile game is user friendly and portable. However, the mobile industry both in gaming and applications is still in its infancy. 

6. JBoss Seam : Stitching JSF and EJB3
    Open source, and developed under the auspices of JBoss, Seam is a component framework that focuses to deliver full-featured JEE 5 applications in a lightweight code base i.e. requiring only a fraction of the code of regular JEE applications. 

7. Tomahawk Tags
    Tomahawk tags are the collection of standard components with extended functionality and supports all the existing JSF components with additional sets of functionality.

8. Struts2
    Apache Struts is an open-source framework used to develop Java web application. Originally developed by the programmer and author Craig R.

9. Design Pattern
    Structural Patterns are design patterns, which describe the best possible ways to combine the objects and classes forming a larger complex structure in an easy manner.

10. AJAX-Redefining Web Applications
    AJAX stands for Asynchronous JavaScript And XML.

11. Tips & Tricks
    Splash screens are standard part of many GUI applications to let the user know about starting of the application. AWT/Swing can be used to create splash screens in Java.