Home Discussion Discuss: Socket and ports

• Computer scienceSidra Riaz September 20, 2011 at 12:43 PM

Everything is well defined here

• need of port in socket programmingchandra shekhar swain February 15, 2012 at 9:04 PM

it is better.not best level document it should be focused on why we use port.if not use port in socket then what problem we will face

Post your Comment

Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Subject (*):
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image

Related Articles
Programming Tutorials

Socket and ports
Socket and ports       In common language we can say that the socket is one of the most... with a socket. Socket classes are used to establish a connection between client 

JMS Questions

Listener ports - JMS
Listener ports Error in JMS  Hi, I am getting an listener ports error in JMS. Does anyone have solution 

Blog

Most Common TCP Ports
Ports are basically divided into three ranges: the Common Ports, the Registered Ports, and Private Ports. The Common Ports are those from 0 through 1023. The Registered Ports are those from 1024 through 49151 The Private Ports 

JMS Questions

Listener ports - JMS

General

Socket and ports
Socket and ports       In common language we can say that the socket is one of the most... with a socket. Socket classes are used to establish a connection between client 

Open Source

Open Source Databases
Open Source Databases The Open Source Database Benchmark Featuring ports to DataBlitz and Oracle, as well as a preliminary Perl implementation, this is the best iteration of OSDB yet! This version of OSDB can * Skip tests 

Security Questions

network admin - Security
network admin  i want to develop some s/w in java which can monitor various ports like 80,23,8080 etc and restrict them if necessary.. pls help 

IDE Questions

jetty integration
jetty integration  hi, i am using jetty server,i want to integrate two ports in which if i submit some data in port1 then port2 takes that data and publish result 

Ajax Questions

Apache Tomcat Login Failed
Apache Tomcat Login Failed  Several ports (8080, 8009) required by Tomcat v7.0 Server at localhost are already in use. The server may already be running in another process, or a system process may be using the port. To start 

Ajax Questions

Apache Tomcat Login Failed
Apache Tomcat Login Failed  Several ports (8080, 8009) required by Tomcat v7.0 Server at localhost are already in use. The server may already be running in another process, or a system process may be using the port. To start 

Hosting Tutorial

CRUX 2.2 has been released now
and libraries. CRUX also has a ports system which makes it easy to install and upgrade... kernels 2. New rsync based ports backend 3. base' ports collection renamed 

Linux-Tutorials

The Simply MEPIS 3.4-3 RC2 has released
, it's never called. Meauto was tweaked to enable serial ports, if serial is not configured automatically by the system. This should work only for standard serial ports..., it's never called. Meauto was tweaked to enable serial ports, if serial 

Java Server Faces Questions

server with two port - Java Server Faces Questions
server with two port  Hello, want to write two port server socket program using Java, (i.e. single server program which is listening on two ports... (say C1 and C2) are connecting to the above two ports, in this case 3122 and 3133 

General

We are providing Downloadable Version of Gentoo Linux
, the Portage. Portage is a true ports system in the tradition of BSD ports, but is Python 

Java Beginners

Eclipse-Apache tomcat error
Eclipse-Apache tomcat error  Hi..I'v been trying to install apache tomcat 7 with eclipse helios to try web applications ..but unable to run webcontents .it gives the folowing msg in eclipse:Several ports (8005, 8080, 8009 

IDE Questions

Tomcat Server configuration with Eclipse at remote machine
Tomcat Server configuration with Eclipse at remote machine  "Several Ports (8081,8009), required by /Tomcat v6.0 Server at a localhost are already in use. The server may already be running in another process, or a system process 

Java Beginners

Error 404 on localhost:8080 Tomcat Apache 6.0.32 with Elipse IDE and IE/Other Browsers
this: Several ports (8005, 8080, 8009) required by Tomcat v 6.0 Server at localhost 

Programming Tutorials

VoIP Adapters
) ports for connection to existing analog telephones, fax machines, PBX and key... on your PC). There are two type of port FXO and FXS ports * FXO ports connect... line. * FXS ports connect to analogue phones or fax machines. VoIP adapters 

Vehicle Tracking Technology

What is WiFi Finder?
the direction of the signal. Some models come with built in USB ports. This way you... laptops have USB1.1 ports. So if your laptop is older, it is important that the WiFi 

General

Self-tuning FIFO Queues - java tutorial
) re-uses these ports internally on every socket connection cycling from 1024... regarding the Socket Wheel idea: I'm not quite sure who gave the best.... It's quite technical, so I'm including it verbatim: "Registered Ports, ports 

VoIP

VoIP Adapters
and FXS ports. These port how to connect defined here:- * FXO ports connect...; * FXS ports connect to analogue phones or fax machines. VoIP adapters range from 1 or 2 FXS ports. 2 FXS ports for example would allow you to have 1 

Java Server Faces Questions

tomcat server - Java Server Faces Questions
friend, 1.To check ports on the system and which are the ports are open.If ports 

Free Books

Hardware and Network books Page 2
/O Ports, we have two methods available to us. We can Poll the port, which... branch to a routine to service the ports requests. As you could imagine, polling 

Servlet Interview Questions

Servlet - Servlet Interview Questions
to URL/URI in HttpServletRequest as compared to the server and ports 

Programming Tutorials

Configure JMS connection factories and destinations
. Adding listener ports to a server Listener ports are used by message-driven beans associated with the port to retrieve.... Note: Listener ports can only be added to a WebSphere v5.x test environment 

Travel

Latitude and Longitude of Malta
of the largest ports in Europe. Malta has a Mediterranean type of climate. While summers 

Linux Tutorial

The Development Release of PC-BSD1.0RC2
ports. * New PBI Crash Handler. * Fixed kdmrc out of date message at boot 

SQL Question

conflicting databases
ports free! 1:10:05 PM [mysql] You need to uninstall/disable/reconfigure 

SQL Question

conflicting databases
ports free! 1:10:05 PM [mysql] You need to uninstall/disable/reconfigure 

Programming Tutorials

Server Sockets
programs. Socket classes are used to establish a connection between client... provides two types of classes- first is ordinary socket, which implement the client side connection and second is server socket, which implement 

DMCA.com