JSP CheckBox

JSP CheckBox is used to create a CheckBox in JSP.

JSP CheckBox

JSP CheckBox

JSP CheckBox is used to create a CheckBox in JSP. The JSP Page allows the user to select more than one option from multiple checkbox and also print the userdefined message that specify the languages option choosen by the user on submitting the button.

Understand with Example

The Tutorial illustrate an elaborate example from 'JSP CheckBox'. To understand and grasp the example we create a CheckBox.jsp that include the html tag<input type="checkbox"> to create the checkboxes. The HTML page allows the user to select multiple languages using checkbox.  After submitting the button, the action is performed which display the selected languages. The method request.getParameter Values("id") is used to return the value of selected checkbox. The for loop is used to execute the code repeatedly till the length of variable i is less than equal to select position of checkbox. Finally the out.println is used to print the selected checkbox in the browser.

Here is the code of jspCheckBox.jsp

<html>
<h2>Select Languages:</h2>

<form ACTION="jspCheckBox.jsp">
<input type="checkbox" name="id" value="Java"> Java<BR>
<input type="checkbox" name="id" value=".NET"> .NET<BR>
<input type="checkbox" name="id" value="PHP"> PHP<BR>
<input type="checkbox" name="id" value="C/C++"> C/C++<BR>
<input type="checkbox" name="id" value="PERL"> PERL <BR>
<input type="submit" value="Submit">
</form>
<%

String select[] = request.getParameterValues("id"); 
if (select != null && select.length != 0) {
out.println("You have selected: ");
for (int i = 0; i < select.length; i++) {
out.println(select[i]); 
}
}
%>
</html>

Output will be displayed as:

After selecting the languages, when you submit the button, the message will be displayed with selected languages:

Download Source Code: